Off Season Thread- 2024 | Syracusefan.com

Off Season Thread- 2024

Need quickness. Wooley isn't quick enough, for a 2 way player.

Need size & skill & toughness inside. Same issues we had this year will still exist next year.

Fair is 20 PPG. Need to replace that. Shouldn't be impossible, given you can spread the output among 2-3 players. Burrows alone will get you half that.

Fair is an underrated creator, & an amazing passer. Will be hard to replace. Who handles the rock & creates for others without turning it over?

Georgia is the leader now. What kind of leader will she be?

Need quickness. Wooley isn't quick enough, for a 2 way player.

Need size & skill & toughness inside. Same issues we had this year will still exist next year.

Fair is 20 PPG. Need to replace that. Shouldn't be impossible, given you can spread the output among 2-3 players. Burrows alone will get you half that.

Fair is an underrated creator, & an amazing passer. Will be hard to replace. Who handles the rock & creates for others without turning it over?

Georgia is the leader now. What kind of leader will she be?

After yesterday’s performance I think Burrows is going to contribute more than I thought.

This is definitely going to be Woolley’s team now but she’s going to have to level up.

Let’s be honest, there’s almost no one that could replace Fair. But if we can have a couple of the girls step up and take a little of the load I think she can be replaced.

Good thing is, I trust Coach Jack to get the absolute most out of next years team

pound the portal for an inside scorer and rebounder. Last nights game would have been completely different had we a player like Edwards on Uconn inside.

After yesterday’s performance I think Burrows is going to contribute more than I thought.

This is definitely going to be Woolley’s team now but she’s going to have to level up.

Let’s be honest, there’s almost no one that could replace Fair. But if we can have a couple of the girls step up and take a little of the load I think she can be replaced.

Good thing is, I trust Coach Jack to get the absolute most out of next years team
There are two Woolleys, the one that showed up against AZ & the one against UConn. I hope we see more of the latter.

Seems like Burrows could get 14-16 per on the reg pretty easily.

Can Georgia pull 20ish per on the reg?

I think we need a couple jitterbug guards to offset the slowness of others.

There are two Woolleys, the one that showed up against AZ & the one against UConn. I hope we see more of the latter.

Just need to have woolleys parents at games more

Feel that stretch where her parents were here for like a month were some of her best performances of the season LOL

Just need to have woolleys parents at games more

Feel that stretch where her parents were here for like a month were some of her best performances of the season LOL
It has to be so hard going to school so far away from home

Agree what you have talked about with Georgia. What she does, she can do very well. But not sure the athleticism and fluidity of movement is quite there to get to the next level. I agree with what you're looking for in the backcourt.

Very excited about what Sophie showed last night. She didn't have quite the shooting performance I was hoping for this season, but she is definitely capable and that would be huge if she could use that as a springboard to next season.

I’m actually hoping for more team balance. Fair was a unique player but hoping to see less iso, more motion with more inside - out and outside- in action.

I was at opening day but got there late because of work. I saw one of the assistant coaches leaving as I was going in.

As many have stated - getting someone to help replace some of Fair’s production is critical (and difficult). But let’s not forget they also lost Latham and Rice. Both were key contributors but easier to replace. As of right now the problem is all the production out of those three is gone with really no proven production coming back in place of those three.

As many have stated - getting someone to help replace some of Fair’s production is critical (and difficult). But let’s not forget they also lost Latham and Rice. Both were key contributors but easier to replace. As of right now the problem is all the production out of those three is gone with really no proven production coming back in place of those three.
There is stuff in the works.....We just don't know about it!!! They are not sleeping in the 315...FLJ knows what she is doing...Have faith and be patient!

Syracuse are sending someone to Australia for a showcase event on the 18th and 19th of May that is being run by the same group that represents Maddy Potts. I don't think they will be looking at any of the prospective 2024 recruits there, but there is one very interesting 2025 recruit, Erica Finney a 6ft wing who is a very high level shooter, needs development elsewhere but has all round promise:

There are some very promising 2026 girls who will be there:

Zoe Jackson 6ft 4 Centre - raw but long and athletic, national team rep not a starter but has the most upside of any post in Australia in my opinion
Class of '26 - 6'4 Centre - Zoe Jackson - Australian All Schools Nationals HIGHLIGHTS

Ruby Perkins 5ft 8 Guard - very efficient at all aspects of the game, good point of attack defender and rarely makes mistakes, National team PG
Ruby Perkins - 5'8 Guard - Class of 2026 - Aus Champs Highlights 2022 (Gold Medal Team)

Jasmine Perry 5ft 6 Guard. Didn't play at National Championships but is a very productive scorer and particularly talented shooter.
Jasmine Perry 14 year old Point Guard Rangers 16.1. VJBL season highlights 2022

Alice Magnanini 6ft Wing (No highlights video but No1 in Black in the below) Also didn't play in the National Champs this year but is one of the most complete wings in the country, scores well from all three levels.
Melbourne v Kilsyth - U18G - Preliminary Final

There are some others that I have heard are also very promising, but these are the 5 I have seen play live.

What do we begin to do to get a player of her caliber? She was part of the reason why we were so good this year.

Do we bring in Velez and hope she begins to score like Dyaisha? Is there someone out there who is better than Dyaisha coming up that FLJ knows about?

I don't know if someone can shoot the 3 ball better. We'll have to wait and see.

Dyaisha Fair Head Shot

Jersey Number2

Dyaisha Fair​

• Position: Guard
  • Height: 5-5
  • Class: Graduate Student
  • High School: Edison Tech HS
  • Hometown: Rochester, N.Y.

Skip Ad

BioStatsMedia

After Syracuse: Drafted by the Las Vegas Aces as the 16th pick in the second round of the WNBA Draft.

Graduate (2023-24): Appeared & Started in 30 games for the Orange ... Averaged 22.3 points per game and 4.6 rebounds ... Scored a season-high 38 points against Boston College (2/4) ... Played a season-high 44 minutes against NC State ... Led the ACC in minutes played, field goals attempted, 3-point field goals made, 3-point field goals attempted, and 3-point field goal percentage (37.6, 18.8, 3.6, 9.5, 37.7) ... Made 39.2 percent of her shots from the field and 79.6 percent from the free throw line ... Set a program record with 3,000 career points (1/14)... Led the Orange in Scoring (712) ... Scored 24 points against Boston College, becoming the third all-time scorer (3,403) ... Ranked third in scoring in the ACC ... Named Third Team All-American by the Associated Press, The Sporting News, and the U.S. Basketball Writers Association (USBWA)… Named All-ACC First Team…Named on Ann Meyers Drysdale Award Watch List…ACC Co-Player of the Week (2/5)…USBWA National Player of the Week (1/23) ... Named a WBCA All-America Honorable Mention.

Senior (2022-23): Appeared & Started in all 33 games for the Orange ... Averaged 19.9 points per game and 3.5 rebounds ... Scored a season-high 36 points against Virginia (1/26) ... Played a season-high 40 minutes in five contests ... Led the ACC in steals (79) ... Made 39.8 percent of her shots from the field and 81.8 percent from the free throw line ... Grabbed a season-best six rebounds four different times ... Shot 36.2 percent from three-point range ... Tied a program record with eight made three-pointers against Virginia (1/26) ... Recorded a season-best eight assists against Binghamton (11/14) ... Made a season-high five steals at Penn State ... Tied a career-high in blocks (2) versus NC State (1/1) ... Led the Orange in Scoring (656) ... Scored 24 points against Boston College, becoming one of two active players in D1 WBB to score 2,500 points (2/5) ... Ranked second in scoring in the ACC ... Named First Team All-ACC & All-ACC Defensive Team ... Named a WBCA All-America Honorable Mention.

Prior to Syracuse (Buffalo 2019-2021): Put together one of the best freshman campaigns in UB history, appearing in 30 games while earning 26 starts… Named MAC Freshman of the Year… Earned MAC East Player of the Week honors four times… Ended her freshman year ranked fourth in the nation in scoring (22.0 ppg), while also ranking third in final points (660) and landing a spot on the watch list for the Dawn Staley Award for the top guard in the country … Started in all 24 games of her sophomore season earning her First Team All-MAC and defensive team honors … Fair was named one of 10 finalists for the Nancy Lieberman Award which honors the nation’s best point guard, to the late season watch list for the Dawn Staley Award and was one of 10 semifinalists for the Becky Hammon Mid-Major Player of the Year Award.

High School: Played four seasons at Edison Tech High School serving as team captain for three years … Named All-Greater Rochester Player of the Year … Named to the Ronald-McDonald All-Star Team … 2018 New York State Sportswriters Association All-State Team honorable Mention.

Personal: Born on August 7, 2001… daughter of Shatara Fair and Terrance Pradia … has one brother and two sisters … Her favorite athletes include Kyrie Irving, Lebron James, Skylar Diggins and Rochester native Shenise Johnson … Chicken is her favorite food … Enjoys listening to hip-hop, R&B and Gospel music… Likes to shop and sing in her free time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom