Offense | Syracusefan.com

Offense

DPCuse

Starter
I really wonder if Marrone is happy with Hacket running the offense. He seems to support him so maybe he is. I remember back a couple years ago when Marrone took over calling the plays the last 2 games of the year and we put up about 35 points a game on Rutgers and UConn with an anemic offense. That gave me a lot of confidence in his offensive mind and ability to gameplan. I haven't seen a lot of that since.

I still am very much in Marrone's corner but I'd like to start seeing some innovation in the offensive play calling. From the quarterbacks he has recruited in the last couple of years, it tells me that we will see the spread offense in the not too distant future but I wouldn't expect to see it before Nassib graduates. I would bet he wants players with those athletic abilities in place with some experience before rolling it out. In the meantime, I think we are just trying to get back to respectibility so we can recruit.

At the end of the day, we are still way better off than we were a few years ago. Losing Sales this year really hurt. I think it would have helped take the focus off Van Chew.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom