Offensive Line | Syracusefan.com

Offensive Line

LeMoyneCuse

All American
Add on if you saw anything else.

Hickey played LT the entire game.
Chibane played LG the entire game.
Macky played all but one or two snaps at C. Trudo filled in when Macky went down.
Trudo and Foy both had snaps at RG. I think Foy got more snaps.
Big Lou got a bunch of snaps at RT, but Phillips also saw some time.

Anybody have more specifics? Hard to pay attention to substitutions when you're watching on TV.

Other than one missed blitz pickup I don't remember Ryan getting sacked.

Hickey missed a series in the 2nd half due to cramps I think. Phillips came in for him. Chibane was the only one to play the whole game. I think Trudo was at center for 4-5 plays.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Hickey missed a series in the 2nd half due to cramps I think. Phillips came in for him. Chibane was the only one to play the whole game. I think Trudo was at center for 4-5 plays.

Yeah Phillips was definitely in for Hickey for a series (not being at the game and it not being mentioned by commentators had me worried about another injury to Hickey) Glad to hear it was only cramps as I did see him back in for next series or so.

We had just completed like a 8 or 9 yd play on 2nd and 18 or so on that crucial drive where we took the lead and the screen flashed to Marrone walking up sideline and he screams "" out of the blue. I was like what is going on, then the screen goes to Macky laying on the field. I thought that was a disaster waiting to happen with such an important 3rd down play, but Trudo looked good and gives us great versatility for that type of situation.

Nobody--and I mean nobody--has been more critical of the OL this preseason than I have been. And I was nervous heading into today's game, given that we had three players who'd never played before starting [I know that Alexander had played a bit, but the other two haven't].

I was pleasantly surprised. I'm not by any means suggesting that we have turned the corner at OL; we need to run block better, no question. But today's display was encouraging, even against a pedestrian NW defense. Once Pugh comes back and Hickey shifts to RT, I think we are going to approach average with OL play for the first time in YEARS.

Nobody--and I mean nobody--has been more critical of the OL this preseason than I have been. And I was nervous heading into today's game, given that we had three players who'd never played before starting [I know that Alexander had played a bit, but the other two haven't]. <br /> <br />I was pleasantly surprised. I'm not by any means suggesting that we have turned the corner at OL; we need to run block better, no question. But today's display was encouraging, even against a pedestrian NW defense. Once Pugh comes back and Hickey shifts to RT, I think we are going to approach average with OL play for the first time in YEARS.

Credit where credit is due. The OL gets an A for pass blocking today and a C for rum blocking. A solid B overall which is probably better than any game for several years.

The only one who I noticed struggling was Lou, and that was really just the penalties early and he had trouble on blitz pick-up when NW was sending extra guys at the end. Other than that, great effort from the OL today. One of the better performances I've seen.

Also, credit Nassib on his improved awareness and pocket presence. He's improved so much in that area since 2010.

Credit where credit is due. The OL gets an A for pass blocking today and a C for rum blocking. A solid B overall which is probably better than any game for several years.

Completely agree. And I like the fact that we have guys who can sub in effectively. Trudo, Philips, and Pugh when he gets back shifts Alexander to the second unit. Robinson gives us 9.

Again, I own that I've been tremendously critical about what I expected from the OL all preseason. Losing sucked--no candy coating that--but I am tremendously encouraged by what I saw from the OL today. Definitely a performance that they can build on.

Yes, give credit where it is due - kudos for the OLine and Hackett yesterday.

How many times did Nassib drop back? That is a huge amount of times he was back there passing and had a lot of solid protection...very impressed. Bees...rum blocking...I take it that was the drink of choice at the tailgate? ;)

Props to the rb's/te's if they helped on the blocking with passes as well. Maybe 70 times dropping back and 1 sack...I'll take that percentage every time.

Hickey was the star. On PTG TD run he had an excellent block and pass pro was excellent all day. I am giddy about him and Pugh at the tackles.

Anyone have an opinion on who's better at rg?

Add on if you saw anything else.

Hickey played LT the entire game.
Chibane played LG the entire game.
Macky played all but one or two snaps at C. Trudo filled in when Macky went down.
Trudo and Foy both had snaps at RG. I think Foy got more snaps.
Big Lou got a bunch of snaps at RT, but Phillips also saw some time.

Anybody have more specifics? Hard to pay attention to substitutions when you're watching on TV.

Hickey missed the first two possessions in the 3rd. Must have been getting an IV. Andy was in there for him.

Protection, good. Running to the right, not good.

I only saw the 4th quarter, but i thought Nassib helped things alot as well, which is really a huge development. In the past, he showed terrible instincts in the pocket. Liked the way he moved yesterday.

I am never in favor of rum blocking. Someone blocks my rum, someone's getting hurt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom