Offensive SRS is 5th in the country defense SRS is 96th | Syracusefan.com

Offensive SRS is 5th in the country defense SRS is 96th

Millhouse

Living Legend
McCord is only 47th in passer rating
What this might show (in addition to all the screens dragging him down) is you're better off throwing all the time even if your QB isn't great, as long as he's good enough

Last edited:
Our offense is only slightly better better play than our defense. 6.06 to 5.65

But we have run 395 plays and our opponents only have run 306

It's has to come back to earth, you can't have this many more plays than everyone else even with the kicking woes

Big big caveat I should've noticed sorry about that
Defensive SRS is hurt by special teams. It's still early enough where gift tds matter and weigh heavily
SRS works great with enough data and tells you how you did
Yards per okay is a better predictor with limited data imo

I'll get on a computer later you figure out where we rank in yards per play margin. Probably middle of the pack

Last edited:
Big big caveat I should've noticed sorry about that
Defensive SRS is hurt by special teams. It's so early enough where gift tds matter and weigh heavily
SRS works great with enough data and tells you how you did
Yards per okay is a better predictor with limited data imo

I'll get on a computer later you figure out where we rank in yards per play margin. Probably middle of the pack
Good to know

Extrapolate out STs into their own srs and I bet the D is way improved.

I'm just thinking long term. Throw all the time. McCord is very good, big fan, but he's not impossibly irreplaceable great, I'm hoping this continues

I think McCord is irreplaceable great between the ears. Going to be hard to plug and play that kind of elite level field IQ, experience and cerebralness.

I think McCord is irreplaceable great between the ears. Going to be hard to plug and play that kind of elite level field IQ, experience and cerebralness.
Getting the qb from maybe the best team in college football ain’t happening often.We hit the lottery getting Kyle and unless Syracuse is willing to pony up some crazy dollar figure it is going to be nearly impossible to get this type of qb play anytime soon.
How awesome would it be if somehow we could retain McCord for another season?

Getting the qb from maybe the best team in college football ain’t happening often.We hit the lottery getting Kyle and unless Syracuse is willing to pony up some crazy dollar figure it is going to be nearly impossible to get this type of qb play anytime soon.
How awesome would it be if somehow we could retain McCord for another season?
Angeli

I'm manifesting this.

I suspect this is right but they got a qb and they're letting him chuck it and if they keep doing that everything will be fine despite a bunch of smaller things that I'm not crazy about

Hoping Brown sells that dome throw all the time vision

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom