Offensive SRS is 5th in the country defense SRS is 96th | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Offensive SRS is 5th in the country defense SRS is 96th

QB is great. He is irresponsible sometimes. Many of the near picks or picks are completely avoidable. Everyone has something to work on, even Kyle.

The D & specials & the running game are what are going to determine if this season is good or great.

Those D numbers are awful, especially against our schedule.
You’re not completing 30-40 passes a game without trying to fit it into some tight windows.Only way they are avoidable is if you throw it away half the time.

Kyle is very accurate. Sure there is the occasional hard to fathom lousy throw, but most are spot on.

Because he is so accurate he throws a lot of passes most college QBs won't even try. He makes receivers better because the 50-50 throws are so well thrown. Many of his interceptions are 50-50 throws slightly off target.

I don't think we get one within the other.

His quick run through his progressions combined with his accuracy makes him special and hard for us to replace. We have to improve everywhere else because KM is irreplaceable for SU. Devito obviously has NFL level arm talent but doesn't have McCords recognition. Not many do.

Feel sorry for our next QB as KM is a tough act to follow.

Yes, I think he’s trying to mask a poor defensive backfield that will get toasted over the top. If we could tackle, it would be working better but the tackling is awful.
Is the backfield so poor that they need 7 whole extra yards?

Sure, you cannot play 1 off, but why not 3-4 yards off? What I don't get is being 10 yards away from the receiver.

McCord is only 47th in passer rating
What this might show (in addition to all the screens dragging him down) is you're better off throwing all the time even if your QB isn't great, as long as he's good enough

McCord is 38th on ESPN's total qbr, but that seems to mostly from him being sacked. he is 4th in Total EPA and Pass EPA but he is 101st in Sack EPA.

Kyle is very accurate. Sure there is the occasional hard to fathom lousy throw, but most are spot on.

Because he is so accurate he throws a lot of passes most college QBs won't even try. He makes receivers better because the 50-50 throws are so well thrown. Many of his interceptions are 50-50 throws slightly off target.

His quick run through his progressions combined with his accuracy makes him special and hard for us to replace. We have to improve everywhere else because KM is irreplaceable for SU. Devito obviously has NFL level arm talent but doesn't have McCords recognition. Not many do.

He is extremely accurate, agreed. It does seem however that his timing w his receivers is off. I'm not saying it's on him. Seems to be on them. Thus, is pulling some throws to make micro adjustments to where his receivers are vs where they should be. This is leading to him staring down the receivers a bit & making some bad throws. Should perhaps just throw it away & not force it, when the play is broken.

The near interceptions are going to haunt us when they become interceptions in some future game.

I could be wrong, of course.

He is extremely accurate, agreed. It does seem however that his timing w his receivers is off. I'm not saying it's on him. Seems to be on them. Thus, is pulling some throws to make micro adjustments to where his receivers are vs where they should be. This is leading to him staring down the receivers a bit & making some bad throws. Should perhaps just throw it away & not force it, when the play is broken.

The near interceptions are going to haunt us when they become interceptions in some future game.

I could be wrong, of course.
It does seem that when he's intercepted it's an underthrow.

Not sure if that's an adjustment.

We have functional talent at the WR spot. If we had OSU level we would be scoring 40+ every game with this offense. Lets shoot for somewhere in the middle

From the little we have seen the FR I think once they know the offense they are all a step ahead of what we have for the most part playing now.

We have to get the oline to be better because we wont have the same level of thrower most likely. But better oline can help with that.

Need Pena to stay, Tremble to put on weight, hornsby ross gill hatcher and we can survive if Haynes doesnt make it back.
Meeks

He's a 25 year talent for SU

I think McCord is irreplaceable great between the ears. Going to be hard to plug and play that kind of elite level field IQ, experience and cerebralness.
Agreed. Kyle is very smart on the field and in person.

He has great passing skills and great football knowledge about what to do with the ball every play.
It will be very tough to replace his skill set at QB but I hope we do to keep this level of play rising.

It's has to come back to earth, you can't have this many more plays than everyone else even with the kicking woes

QB is great. He is irresponsible sometimes. Many of the near picks or picks are completely avoidable. Everyone has something to work on, even Kyle.

The D & specials & the running game are what are going to determine if this season is good or great.

Those D numbers are awful, especially against our schedule
First 2 points very valid.

About the defense, We beat 3 FBS teams with Winning records. Very few teams who have played 6 games already can say that. Take out Ohio, (which has been the first game outlier) and we have been fine.

We are 51st in rush defense in the country VS. Power 5

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom