Official 2018 New York Football GIANTS Drive for 5 Thread | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Official 2018 New York Football GIANTS Drive for 5 Thread

On the other hand he has had some very poor games that can't be looked past just because of his OL. He's a statue with no mobility and he's careless with the ball.

This is the only problem I have with him...he’s such a statue that he requires a good OL.

And in many games our OL has been so bad that only a very mobile QB would have a chance.

But as we’ve seen when the line does their job, he’s still pretty sharp. These games are won and lost on the line. That has always been the case.

Just when I started to care again, they pull this crap.

Eli was good, but that INT before half was ridiculous and cost us 3.

Defense sucks. It’s sucked all year. Last year too.

OL played for a half.

Stopped going to Barkley.

Refs blew it with Beckham getting mauled in the end zone on the second to last drive.

The wasted timeouts. The blown two point conversion.

I’m livid. A last second FG should not have beaten us. But we do all the things that losing teams do to lose these types of games. Scrubs.

Hey KaiserUEO and Alsacs, sine I've been discussing this most with you two, here is my updated take on the Darnold/Eli decision:

1) Saquon is a legit talent that likely supersedes the value of the position in today's NFL.
2) Eli has definitely played better and isn't washed (even though I think he's right on the precipice. Fair to say I was wrong on this.)
3) I still think our GM and coach taking a pledge to stay with Eli is going to ruin us in the long run.
4) I still want OL and then Tua in 2020.

We're still in a bad spot with our path forward and really need to get help this offseason but in actuality really need Eli's successor lined up by the start of the 2020 season.

Hey KaiserUEO and Alsacs, sine I've been discussing this most with you two, here is my updated take on the Darnold/Eli decision:

1) Saquon is a legit talent that likely supersedes the value of the position in today's NFL.
2) Eli has definitely played better and isn't washed (even though I think he's right on the precipice. Fair to say I was wrong on this.)
3) I still think our GM and coach taking a pledge to stay with Eli is going to ruin us in the long run.
4) I still want OL and then Tua in 2020.

We're still in a bad spot with our path forward and really need to get help this offseason but in actuality really need Eli's successor lined up by the start of the 2020 season.
Eli was good in the first half.
Terrible in the second half.
He has played better overall but the guy shouldn’t be your QB next year.

Eli was good in the first half.
Terrible in the second half.
He has played better overall but the guy shouldn’t be your QB next year.

Did you watch? Or are you just going off the stats?

Not coincidentally, the blocking was nonexistent in the second half.

Did you watch? Or are you just going off the stats?

Not coincidentally, the blocking was nonexistent in the second half.
I watched it and the Pats game.
They stopped feeding Barkley in the second half which was beyond stupid.
However Eli wasn’t good either in the second.

He was really good in the first though. He can get some slack for the awful pick but overall was dominate in the first half.
Second half was bad for Eli.

I'm happy for the victory but under no illusions. Eagles are not a good football team. I have to believe something was wrong with Saquon cuz that could be the only logical explanation. That was strange. Ironic in a game that was wildly over-officiated they don't call the PI against OBJ. Eagles ran the ball pretty well in the 2H but overall they stole one here.

I'm happy for the victory but under no illusions. Eagles are not a good football team. I have to believe something was wrong with Saquon cuz that could be the only logical explanation. That was strange. Ironic in a game that was wildly over-officiated they don't call the PI against OBJ. Eagles ran the ball pretty well in the 2H but overall they stole one here.
That's my thought too on Barkley. You just don't go away from that for no reason.

Or if you do, you should be relieved of your duties immediately.

And the no-call on OBJ with the ref standing right there...well, I don't know what to say.

I watched it and the Pats game.
They stopped feeding Barkley in the second half which was beyond stupid.
However Eli wasn’t good either in the second.

He was really good in the first though. He can get some slack for the awful pick but overall was dominate in the first half.
Second half was bad for Eli.
BUH-RUTAL INT.

But not the reason they lost.

Eli has to throw Perfect Games, we get it.

I’d have to watch again, which I won’t, but he rarely had opportunities in 2nd half.

This one hurts.

Go Orange...

Landon Collins has not been good in 2 years. He can’t cover anybody. Trade him?

Nice way to bounce back in OT!

I don’t care about tanking, the Bears can eternally suck it, as can the Niners. And obviously the rest of the NFC East.

Nice way to bounce back in OT!

I don’t care about tanking, the Bears can eternally suck it, as can the Niners. And obviously the rest of the NFC East.
Thanks for the help cowboys can get the 3 seed

What’s up with the Jets Gotham hoodies?

Gotham ain’t Queens and sporadic pockets in Long Island.

Those should be NY Football Giants issued hoodies. Never in green.

Last edited by a moderator:
NYG is a 3.5 favorite over Washington. Seems like that line should be even higher with Sanchez at QB and with a massively banged up OL. And if he goes down Josh Johnson is on deck. He hasn't thrown a pass in the NFL in seven years.

NYG is a 3.5 favorite over Washington. Seems like that line should be even higher with Sanchez at QB and with a massively banged up OL. And if he goes down Josh Johnson is on deck. He hasn't thrown a pass in the NFL in seven years.
That means it’s moved 6.5 points already.

That’s enough.

That means it’s moved 6.5 points already.

That’s enough.

It opened Wash -1 and is now NYG -3.5. Mark Sanchez is the 63rd best QB in the league and he's working behind an interior OL that is on its third string. That has to be worth more than 4.5 points. Not to mention the backup (64th) last played in the NFL during the year your boys last won a SB.

It opened Wash -1 and is now NYG -3.5. Mark Sanchez is the 63rd best QB in the league and he's working behind an interior OL that is on its third string. That has to be worth more than 4.5 points. Not to mention the backup (64th) last played in the NFL during the year your boys last won a SB.
I could’ve had Giants +3 on Sunday night.

Alsacs tells me Eli is #65 so, Sanchez has that going for him...

I could’ve had Giants +3 on Sunday night.

Alsacs tells me Eli is #65 so, Sanchez has that going for him...
Lol Eli Manning is tied with Brett Fabre for second alltime in losses for s starting QB.
Active starting QBs ranked by career losses:
111 Eli (115 wins)
108 Brees (152 wins)
89 Rivers (115 wins)
75 Fitzpatrick (50 wins)
73 Stafford (64 wins)
71 Ryan (99 wins)
67 Flacco (96 wins)
67 Roethlisberger (142 wins)
66 Smith (94 wins)
58 Brady (205 wins)
55 Rodgers (98 wins
W/Ls are part of the game. Your boy has 2 SBs but you give all credit and no blame.
Rivers plays for a chit organization. If he was a Giant I wonder if he wins SBs. I believe he does.

Did you happen to watch the end of the Bears game?

If the Giants can figure out a way to give the game away, they will.