Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread. | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

But Hurley is so PASSIONATE!!!

His recruiting has picked up, but the results seem similar to the results under Ollie. He hasn't been able to coach up Ollie's players at all. That would worry the heck out of me if I was one of their fans.

He...cant...coach...offense. Been an issue with him a long time and it doesnt seem like its improved at all.

His recruiting has picked up, but the results seem similar to the results under Ollie. He hasn't been able to coach up Ollie's players at all. That would worry the heck out of me if I was one of their fans.

I mean, at some point you should be able to win A game on the road right? And maybe not get blown out by 20 to a 500 SMU team?

He...cant...coach...offense. Been an issue with him a long time and it doesnt seem like its improved at all.

I haven’t seen evidence he can coach anything. He just spazzes out on the sidelines and high fives and screams in his players faces when they do something like hustle to save the ball from going out of bounds.

I don’t really understand what they’re trying to accomplish out there besides “hustle! Try hard! Passion!” and all those cliches that guys who suck at basketball pride themselves on doing to justify being on the team, when in reality they don’t do those things any more than anybody else does.

Uconn flirting with three straight losing seasons. Cuse hasn't had one since the Johnson administration.

I'll take 3>0 over 4>1 any day.
As much as I love our streak of non losing seasons inwoukdnmuch rather have 4 National Championships. Just being real. Now of the debate is whether I would want to have their future instead of ours that is a different story. I would take Cuse all day!

The places he “won” were the NEC and the A10 - he was coaching vs lesser talent. His first year at Wagner he was 13-17, then went 25-6 and left; that says to me that those weren’t his players.

After this year he’ll have coached 9 seasons; 5 seasons he got less than 17 wins, the other 4 he had more than 23. I don’t think the AAC is good but Cincy, Houston, etc is certainly better than what he’s used to going up against

Hurley turned around Wagner in one season, he turned around URI in two seasons.

Jury is still out but I'm far from saying it was a bad hire for UConn.

As much as I love our streak of non losing seasons inwoukdnmuch rather have 4 National Championships. Just being real. Now of the debate is whether I would want to have their future instead of ours that is a different story. I would take Cuse all day!

Maybe I’m just being a homer but I’d prefer to potentially be relevant going forward and play meaningful games in March than have the twentieth anniversary of the Hamilton/Voskhul/KEA team be the only thing to look forwRd to.

Last edited:
Boneyard reacting as expected to last night. Even saw a Jalen Carey #Hottake. That shts so last week.

Maybe I’m just being a homer but I’d prefer to potentially be relevant going forward and play meaningful games in March than have the twentieth anniversary of the Hamilton/Voskhul/KEA team be the only thing to look forwRd to.

6886.jpg

Boneyard reacting as expected to last night. Even saw a Jalen Carey #Hottake. That shts so last week.
Yeah rough I could understand if they were having a good season but chances are they won’t finish above .500 and we’ll be in the NCAAs but they’re dogging us for losing to #2?

Yeah. We’re all heart broken...you know. Making the tournament, getting to the sweet sixteen, winning bowl games and 10-win P5 seasons and an athletic department that isn’t losing the equivalent of the national debt each year...just how will we survive?

But hey, they got chick hoops. Bully for them.

Yeah. We’re all heart broken...you know. Making the tournament, getting to the sweet sixteen, winning bowl games and 10-win P5 seasons and an athletic department that isn’t losing the equivalent of the national debt each year...just how will we survive?

But hey, they got chick hoops. Bully for them.
Not only chick hoops but an exclusive SNY contract of...
one-million-dollars-5b0c0d.jpg

Don't forget a 9-10 seed in the ultra prestigious AAC tournament in beautiful Memphis. Loser gets a side of fried okra and a sixer of Keystone Light.

I don’t think UConn fans realize that Preston Murphy, the assistant at Creighton recently implicated in the FBI investigation was Hurley’s assistant at URI when URI got their biggest recruit ever in EC Matthews; a get that Hurley directly credited Murphy with.

All a coincidence I’m sure

Don't forget a 9-10 seed in the ultra prestigious AAC tournament in beautiful Memphis. Loser gets a side of fried okra and a sixer of Keystone Light.
Really? Greensboro is the Homeland of the ACC tournament. Ever been? I have. B...o...r...i...n...g. If it's not furniture week, it's dead.

UConn getting absolutely abused by Houston. 73-34 with 8 minutes left. Cue the “we woulda lost by more last year” diatribes

Jalen Adams leaves UConn with 1 NCAA tournament appearance (and win). Yikes

UConn down by 39 to Houston with 8 minutes left, in front of about 3,000 fans.
tenor.gif

UConn getting absolutely abused by Houston. 73-34 with 8 minutes left. Cue the “we woulda lost by more last year” diatribes

Jalen Adams leaves UConn with 1 NCAA tournament appearance (and win). Yikes
And if not for his own miracle 3/4 shot at the buzzer in the AAC tournament his freshman year, UConn likely misses the NCAA tournament that year.