Official kicking the PAT down 2 thread | Syracusefan.com

Official kicking the PAT down 2 thread

Our grandchildren will laugh at the "PAT". Of course there are still people who think a pitchers "win-loss" means something. Hahaha

Our grandchildren will laugh at the "PAT". Of course there are still people who think a pitchers "win-loss" means something. Hahaha
Win-loss does matter but the context has been devalued too much. That's a discussion for another day though.

Win-loss does matter but the context has been devalued too much. That's a discussion for another day though.
Someday I'd like to hear your thoughts. I'd say "useless" stat but my mind is open

Unreal about as stupid as you can get. Everyone is screaming 2 2 2 2 2

?? lol
Hard concept for you? Some guys are winners. Take Jon Lester. His stats aren't as pretty as say Max S. But who do you want pitching a big game for you. I am a stat guy but some guys have balls. Schilling, one of the most amazing big game pitchers of the last 30 years. His whip was never at the top. Wins are the one thing that pitchers have the least control over but that doesn't mean that it is useless.

Two years ago, people wanted to run the coach out of town for chasing points in the 1st half.

Are we not doing that anymore? :noidea:

Those people were wrong and will continue being wrong.

Can't see going for 2 in the 1st half. Only 20% of the attempts are successful. The score will likely change several times. If you miss you're chasing that point the rest of the way. Not that it mattered.

Hard concept for you? Some guys are winners. Take Jon Lester. His stats aren't as pretty as say Max S. But who do you want pitching a big game for you. I am a stat guy but some guys have balls. Schilling, one of the most amazing big game pitchers of the last 30 years. His whip was never at the top. Wins are the one thing that pitchers have the least control over but that doesn't mean that it is useless.
useless. we're measuring "ball size" now? Lets decide to give this debate a rest. I'm a statistician, you measure "balls" lol

wins are a function of run support and great defense not "BALLS OF STEEL!" lol

wins are a function of run support and great defense not "BALLS OF STEEL!" lol
LOL Okay. I thought I saw Lester outpitch Max last fall. Must have been dreaming because Max is ahead of Lester in any stat. How about size of the ball park you pitch in? You factor that in?

Do the math going for two is the play at that point.

Never go for 2 in the 1st half. Be chasing those points all game.

I swear people just look for things to bitch about.

useless. we're measuring "ball size" now? Lets decide to give this debate a rest. I'm a statistician, you measure "balls" lol
so, any player can play in New York and Boston under your statistaian beliefs?

wellllll the point of sports is to "win" so I'd say it's a pretty important stat

I don't think you chase points in the first half. I didn't have a problem with that decision.

I don't think you chase points in the first half. I didn't have a problem with that decision.

OK well it's not an opinion. Going for 2 is correct if you want to increase your chances of winning the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom