Official meltdown thread | Syracusefan.com

Official meltdown thread

CaptainJ

Disembodied?
We have an official game thread, I think an official meltdown thread may be in order. Or is this board not officially in meltdown mode yet? I'm not sure I consider myself qualified yet to make the call. If not, I certainly think this game may have prevented a bigger meltdown down the road.

There's no meltdown. This was fully expected to be a down year. I for one was surprised when we were ranked to begin the season. The only people melting down are the basketball only fans that have high expectations based on past years performances. 19-20 wins is the ceiling.

My contribution to the meltdown thread goes as follows:

Play some m2m when the zone doesn't work.

Change the starting lineup to...

G-Cooney-BJJ-McCullough-Rak

Overreaction portion:

Kaleb Joseph does not look like a top 50 recruit. Tyler Roberson looks like a sedated Tasmanian Devil out there and I don't like forwards who can't shoot threes.

At the risk of overstating the obvious, it's a young team and it's going to take 'em some time. :noidea:

Let's go Orange!

Enjoy the games and hope the talent develops for 2015-2016. I am not going to meltdown this team just isn't as good as the past 5 years. Which is fine because are due for a rebuilding year.

With very early results, I am leaning toward no meltdown so far. If that in fact turns out to be the results, can anyone estimate when the first true meltdown will occur? Or will this be the season where expectations where so low that there for once will be no meltdown? Ive come to love that word since "I learned it by watching you", and would like to become the official in charge of meltdowns, if possible.

The team has a lot of room for growth, but do you think we will see it before the the rough part of the schedule starts in mid january? Why is this the team that got one of the few shining OOC schedules in recent memory? I haven't resigned myself on this team like some, but as of now I have no idea if they will put it together on time or not.

The offense, which some of us have been mentioning for years has been a problem during this golden era, is going to become very clearly a problem to everyone this year.

The offense, which some of us have been mentioning for years has been a problem during this golden era, is going to become very clearly a problem to everyone this year.

And while I agree the offense isn't very good at all (how can it be when you have a PG who likes to give the ball to the other squad?), the poor defense tonight really bothered me. We were cut up regularly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom