OFFICIAL: Orange Add Robert Anae as Offensive Coordinator | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OFFICIAL: Orange Add Robert Anae as Offensive Coordinator

I was waiting for the official announcement to post ...so now that I have a minute ...

These hires are a straight up coup. These are the moves that big boy football programs make. Who knows how much Syracuse paid to bring these 2 on board? I'm sure there were many programs around the country looking for an offensive coordinator that would have had their eye on these 2. Syracuse got em.

In 20 years of following Syracuse football closely, I have not seen the football program make moves like this, let alone knowing if they even could. These hires are a straight up homerun on so many levels:

Syracuse will actually utilize a QB coach. How about that??!!

Syracuse got an offensive coordinator who has not only proven themselves on an FBS level, but at a peer ACC school.

Syracuse got a coordinator who will be able to address our pass offense deficiencies

I never thought Syracuse would go this big. Just incredible. And yes with White as D Coordinator and Anae and Beck on board we should absolutely make a bowl game next year, and be thinking bigger in 2023

Yeah…. this is the ______ S word I can’t post. So excited for next year and beyond.

I was waiting for the official announcement to post ...so now that I have a minute ...

These hires are a straight up coup. These are the moves that big boy football programs make. Who knows how much Syracuse paid to bring these 2 on board? I'm sure there were many programs around the country looking for an offensive coordinator that would have had their eye on these 2. Syracuse got em.

In 20 years of following Syracuse football closely, I have not seen the football program make moves like this, let alone knowing if they even could. These hires are a straight up homerun on so many levels:

Syracuse will actually utilize a QB coach. How about that??!!

Syracuse got an offensive coordinator who has not only proven themselves on an FBS level, but at a peer ACC school.

Syracuse got a coordinator who will be able to address our pass offense deficiencies

I never thought Syracuse would go this big. Just incredible. And yes with White as D Coordinator and Anae and Beck on board we should absolutely make a bowl game next year, and be thinking bigger in 2023
In the 60+ Years I have followed Syracuse University sports, I don't ever remember this type of commitment to the football program. Mike Bragman got the state to kick in 15 million for the Dome, and the University raised its share through the season ticket holders.
As a season ticket holder have to be excited for the future. When it looked like we forever going to be an also ran the University stepped up.
Have to admit JW is showing that the things that went on before, have stopped. He truly with all the previous problems has said " the buck stops with him".

I am super excited about these hires, I am hoping we can put together 6 wins next year in the worst way, as of today I see 3/4, hopefully I am wrong. I am a huge fan of these hires, just not a huge fan of Dino Babers the past 2 years.

Finally. A reputable P5 coaching staff. Should do wonders foe the growth and development of the young players. Would be outstanding if they can bring some recruiting chops and buzz in the portal wars.
I believe only Lynch and Monroe remain from Dino's original staff and even they haven't been officially announced as remaining.

Compare and contrast:
1. Our new offensive guru OC Mr. Anae. His manly head was the model for the Rock'em Sock'em Robots. He's straight out of Central Casting. And speaking of Central Casting...
2. Actor Frank Gerstle shown here in a fantastic Hogan's Heroes episode "The General Swap." Note: All HH episodes were fantastic.
3. Actor Barney Phillips. 2 photos. A head shot and from a Twilight Zone episode.

anae.jpg

2. Gerstle
anae1.jpg

3. Phillips
anae3.jpg
anae4.jpg

From a Twilight Zone episode. Great make up. You'd never know it wasn't real.
And no, I don't have too much time on my hands.

So look at it like this, what held us back last season?

Special teams? That's been addressed.

Passing offense? That's been addressed from a coaching standpoint in arguably the best way it could have been, and there's a chance more help could be on the way.

In-game decision-making? Based on Bronco's comments, that's been addressed with the Beck hire.

Injuries to the offensive line? That's the least controllable, so we'll need to see what happens there.

I do think some new weaknesses could emerge (inexperience on the defensive line, WR remaining pedestrian, can we make TE into a position of impact, etc.) and next season's schedule is more challenging, but make no mistake, the program is making massive strides.
If we add some size on the DL we can win 7 maybe 8 next year.

In the 60+ Years I have followed Syracuse University sports, I don't ever remember this type of commitment to the football program. Mike Bragman got the state to kick in 15 million for the Dome, and the University raised its share through the season ticket holders.
As a season ticket holder have to be excited for the future. When it looked like we forever going to be an also ran the University stepped up.
Have to admit JW is showing that the things that went on before, have stopped. He truly with all the previous problems has said " the buck stops with him".
JW really played his cards well. Make no mistake he called the shots. Just read his comments.
Special teams
QB coach
Never in a 100 years did i expect this when he kept Dino which was 100% because of the cost.
At this point we have 2 coaches on staff that are future head coaches. Dino if hes smart will let these guys run the show and focus on running the program. He simply needs to support them, raise money, and recruit his tail off. Leave the schemes, game planning, and in game calls to these two and we are going to be back in the top 25 within 2 years

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom