Official pump the breaks on Trae Young Thread | Syracusefan.com

Official pump the breaks on Trae Young Thread

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
Ok, in classic ESPN fashion they took this kid who is certainly a very good college player and a sure first round pick and have hyped him up to the point where he’s the greatest player of all time .

He plays LIKE Steph Curry.. but he isn’t near the shooter Curry is..he is also not as tall as Curry (never mind listings ) and is frankly sort of slow .

Mind you , I like the player and this is not really directed at him as much as it is the media who are pushing false narratives for their own interests, only to then follow with the inevitable “what’s wrong with Trae Young?” articles ..

The rest of that team is not very good. Can you imagine if he went to Kentucky?

Last 5 games before tonight he's averaging 27ppg, 4 rpg, 7 apg.

Pump the breaks?

have you looked beyond those stats?
13/53 from 3
39/99 overall
29 turnovers 42 assists

these are not the stats of the next great one

(que the straw men responding as if I said he's not good)

Last edited:
He's about to become the first player to ever lead the country in ppg and assists. He tied Sherm's record with 22 assists in one game. Statistically he's having one of the best seasons in the history of college basketball. All this as a freshman.

Who or what should the media be focusing on?

\
He's about to become the first player to ever lead the country in ppg and assists. He tied Sherm's record with 22 assists in one game. Statistically he's having one of the best seasons in the history of college basketball. All this as a freshman.

Who or what should the media be focusing on?

your comment is debatable. He is accumulating a lot of counting stats. Look at his shooting percentages. Look at his assist to turnover ratio. Nothing special there. Once again. Not saying he's not good. Saying we are being fed serious hyperbole about how good he actually has been playing

13/53 from 3
39/99 overall
29 turnovers 42 assists

I think the biggest difference is he's doing this as a freshman in a much better league than Steph did when he was a frosh. Give the kid some time.

Yep, they'd(Kentucky) have 3 freshmen point guards...lol
No. Cuse would have had Quade Green, and that would have changed our season. Kentucky shifted their primary focus from Young to Green when it looked like Young was favoring staying home and playing at OU.

\

your comment is debatable. He is accumulating a lot of counting stats. Look at his shooting percentages. Look at his assist to turnover ratio. Nothing special there. Once again. Not saying he's not good. Saying we are being fed serious hyperbole about how good he actually has been playing

I'm comfortable with my statement. You lead two of the three major stat categories, for the first time in history, its significant. Perhaps I am old school. I am old.

He's not efficient! He doesn't rebound! What's his PER?!?!

It's only been thirty years since a kid had a 22 assist game. Not impressive.

I feel like we've become slaves to efficiency stats.

Even more impressive if you buy the argument that he's surrounded by a bunch of no talent clowns. Someone has to finish the play for it to be recorded as an assist.

It's only been thirty years since a kid had a 22 assist game. Not impressive.

I feel like we've become slaves to efficiency stats.

This is like saying we've become slaves to having a better understanding of what is actually going on.

I'm comfortable with my statement. You lead two of the three major stat categories, for the first time in history, its significant. Perhaps I am old school. I am old.

He's not efficient! He doesn't rebound! What's his PER?!?!

Let me guess, big fan of the RBI and hitting with RISP

13/53 from 3
39/99 overall
29 turnovers 42 assists

You can look at small samples of games for any great college or pro player and find similar stretches of "poor" performance. It's the nature of the sport.

\

He has a true shooting of 60% and the largest usage rate in the country. It's pretty impressive. Also leads the country in assist rate. He's making 50% of his 2's and 37% of his 3's.

Can we all just agree that having a stat tracker on him during the game on ESPN is the dumbest thing of all time?

During the kansas/iowa state game last night they had a graphic above the score that said "Airing on ESPN2 Oklahoma vs Whoever (Trae Young 5 points)

ESPN sucks

Last 5 games before tonight he's averaging 27ppg, 4 rpg, 7 apg.

Pump the breaks?

He hasn't played well looking beyond the stats. He has good court vision, but is prone to going one on five or taking ill advised shots which he did a number of times last night.

Let me guess, big fan of the RBI and hitting with RISP

Advanced baseball stats hurt my brain.

I'm not a GM. I occasionally dig around the advanced analytics in hoops but as a casual fan, 30 n 10 is enough for me to be really impressed. However he gets there.

Knicks411 listed some advanced stats so what he had said.

This is like saying we've become slaves to having a better understanding of what is actually going on.

I don’t disagree but they’re not the end all be all.

I literally don’t know who else Oklahoma has in their team who can score.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom