Official Syracuse Notre Dame Game Thread | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

Official Syracuse Notre Dame Game Thread

You guys have been complaining about STs and need a dedicate ST coach for years. I can easily do a search at least back to 2014 and pull up your complaints.

He's the best RB on the team. Would love anyone in the Syracuse media to find out why he's buried.

Agree he's best pure runner but with the motions out of the backfield he's no threat to catch the ball.

Let the wide receivers catch. We need someone who's capable of breaking my three year-old daughter's tackles.

I'd like to see him too but you saw him drop the one on the outside. Have a feeling that's why.

Agree he's best pure runner but with the motions out of the backfield he's no threat to catch the ball.

Probably. Would be nice to have a RB who's a threat to run though.

Not a good enough reason.

*assuming* that's the reason, it must be for Dino. I think we could take some pressure off the pass game with him in the backfield as well. Sees the field better than the other backs IMO

You guys have been complaining about STs and need a dedicate ST coach for years. I can easily do a search at least back to 2014 and pull up your complaints.
Guilty as charged. Guess it doesn't matter.

I'd like to see him too but you saw him drop the one on the outside. Have a feeling that's why.
But Babers says we don't throw to our RBs.

I think it's more then not catching the ball. He lined up on the wrong side of dungey on one of the runs and I noticed dungey was calling out the protections when he was in the game. Think it has more to do with him not grasping the protection calls and also the play calling.

But Babers says we don't throw to our RBs.

Didn't he say in the pre season Moe was working on his hands for that reason?

And we threw to the RBS multiple times today. I don't think that the only reason but it seems like the only thing skill wise that the other backs may be better at.

I'm too old for this. Honestly, I think we have the right HC (not sure about DC) but can only see us consistently back in the Top 20 after a combination of 3-4 Baber recruiting classes and a really jazzed up renovated Dome (or non-Dome as the case may be).

It would be 36-33 without our special teams mistakes. You have to figure ND would have say a 60% chance of scoring a TD on that drive they ran the kickoff back on, but it still changes the entire complexion of the game.
and?

I really wish on that 1st down after the pick we went end zone to one of our 2 big WRs.

It was house money.
I said it multiple times... etta-tawo on a go route. Just throw it up to him as he seems to bring it down and score

Actually, I'm not bummed at all. There is progress. These kids are better than they were at the beginning of the season. And they're learning. They're not there yet, completely. It will, though. I still think they have a good shot at 6-6 on the season.

Wake is crucial toward that goal. I think they can beat Wake, talent level is more equal and if we play good offensively the defense should be able to hold up enough against them.

I hate to say "flashes" due to Gerg flashbacks, but...

This team's flashes on both O & D are much more encouraging.

Anyone who can't see what's on the horizon is blind, dumb or both.
I liked Dungey's play this week. Quite a bit better. WRs, I think, as a general rule, weren't concentrating. Maybe they were in a bit of a hurry to turn upfield. I don't know. Most of those passes, though, were catchable. STs was a bit disappointing.

Thing is, this team is STILL very young. I believe that they're still working things out. I saw lots of improvement today. Mostly first half. We faltered in the second. Not sure why.
I said it multiple times... etta-tawo on a go route. Just throw it up to him as he seems to bring it down and score
Not quite sure that would've worked. ND was focusing on him pretty hard, and the refs were letting their DBs get away with some sht.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom