Official Syracuse v. BYE Game Day Tread | Syracusefan.com

Official Syracuse v. BYE Game Day Tread

HtownOrange

Living Legend
Syracuse getting ready for BYE. The stands are pretty much empty right now, but that's still more than Rutgers had for their "blackout" last week.

Syracuse has never lost to BYE, which explains the lack of fan enthusiasm for this week on the schedule. It's so lackluster that TexanMark and the restt of the Fine Mess Crew did not even plan to make this road trip. Nevertheless, this die hard Orange fan hosted his own "tailgate in the livingroom". I enjoyed a manly man taco salad* washed down with ice cold Coke.

The ambiance is their, the blinds are open and the games are on. A certain school to the east of, well, everyone, is getting their butts kicked while we await our beloved Orange. Maryland gifted them a fumble only to turn it back over to Maryland the next play, no really, T H E N E XT P L A Y! I couldn't believe it, either. UM 24, NJIT&School of Beauty 0.

I checked in on the Beantown College at Louisville game. Beantown was dominating until they forgot how to hold onto a football. Beantown 14, Loovull 20. I have nothing against Louisville, but their HC, Petrino is lower than cockroach scum. [Enter Attorney for cockroaches serving me with notice of lawsuit alleging defamation of character for giving Petrino that much credit]. Anyway, we play both later this season and I hope they both lose, though I would pull for either if they played PedState.

I just received word that the SU marching band did not make the trip. Yup, you know what that means, no "My Take" by SUTomCat; we know the rule: No Tubas, No Tomcat recap. NUTS! Some of us out of towners really appreciate TomCat and others posting their game reviews. This week, we are not getting a review.

Looks like CuseLegacy and OrangeExtreme are slacking off today, too. This is a rare occasion when neither is actively running the weekly game thread. They did a great job the first half of the season and if they need a break as we head into the second half of the season, I will give them a break.

BC just blocked a Loovul punt and scored a TD, retaking the lead 21-20 with 3:42 in the half.

Catching some oother scores, Nebraska (a.k.a. Rutgers West) seems to want to actually win a game.
The Ohio State University Buckeyes (a.k.a. Useless Nuts) barely leading Minnesota.
Rutgers gives up another 3 points, without scoring, of course.
Florida trailing Vandy. Not sure if this April 1st, the scorekeepers are on drugs or whatever. Go Vandy!
And...Rutgers gives the Terps the ball back via an interception, naturally it was returned to the 11. I'mnot sure Rutgers could survive this BYE team. TD Twerps. Looks UM wants to join the B1G10's "We stomped Rutgers by 50 or more points" club.

Back to the Orange, HCDB has refused to designate a starter. This will have some Orange fans screaming to stay the course with ED and others yelling that TD should be given the ball. I don't care who starts as long as we don't lose today. The Clemson loss was tough, the Pitt loss was all in our collective Orange head, no excuse. A loss to BYE, that would be Rutgersesque!

Speaking of Rutgersesque, oversized turtle just picked off another Scarlet Knights pass. Looks like Rutgers wants UM to join the club, too. Meanwhile, Indaina, the team that handily beat Rutgers in their "Black-Out" Game has once again forgotten how to play football. Or is it that they learned how to play last week and have never really known how to play football any other time? Regardless, they are making Rutgers look bad! Scratch that, the cockroaches' attorney just assured me that the Scarlet Knights have never looked good.

The Dookies and GATechsters are tied in the third quarter at 7.

HCDB failed to disclose the injury list for today, too. This leaves fans wondering what he is hiding. Many want to know who is not able to play. While this is important, I want to now who on the Orange IS READY to play. We are beyond wondering if we have a back up and have moved on to wondering.

Time moves so slow when the Orange have BYE on the schedule.

*Manly Man Taco Salad: Lots of Fritos (or your favorite corn chip, including Doritos! - Hey, It's a Manly Man taco salad, so you choose what's in it!) topped with lettuce ('cuz it's a salad, duh!) fresh onions and tomatoes, taco meat (yeah, I cheated and used a seasoning packet, it's just me, not 50-100 Fine Mess fans), more taco meat, and topped off with jalapeno pepper cheese, taco meat and sour cream.

There’s far too much Rutgers talk on this thread, and there isn’t anywhere near enough PSU sucks talk.

So, with the above in mind, screw Penn State.

It's not a true game day thread until the following are mentioned:
uniforms
attendance
bench Dungey/play Devito
uniforms (because we love to rehash it)
Butler's hands
You forgot Extend/Don't extend Dino

There’s far too much Rutgers talk on this thread, and there isn’t anywhere near enough PSU sucks talk.

So, with the above in mind, screw Penn State.
And the Orange faithful said "AMEN!"

uniforms
attendance
bench Dungey/play Devito
Butler's hands

Spot on, was looking for a place to mention this. The Pitt unis today are phenomenal. old school like last week. Bright colors, bold, sharp numbers, simple helmut. blows away the darker blue and gold their colors evolved into. Funny how classic school colors slowly evolve into colors that dont define the school. Our orange is slowly becoming burnt orange. the pitt unis are awesome and hope they make them permanent.

uniforms
attendance
bench Dungey/play Devito
Butler's hands

SU has held off releasing the game uniform combo. Regardless, whatever it, someone will hate and someone else will love it.

It has been leaked that HCDB and crew are working on the double mustang formation, affectionately referred to by some teammates as the "Double D" formation. Both Dungey and DeVito line up in shotgun formation, side by side, screwing around with defending linebackers' heads. To add to the confusion, they alternate calling signals. The possibilities are endless, but the most popular play is the flea flicker to sideline then both D&D become receivers, talk about messing with heads, not single D-back can handle this play. It is suspected that teams will have to move to designated shadows if the formation pans out.

As we get closer to game time, the stadium now has more people than attended the RU at UM game.

In Game Update: MSU is tied at zero with PSU. Go Spartans (I can't recall ever saying that, but, hey, PSU Sucks so, GO SPARTANS!)

Word has come down that Platinum is the new Orange, which is the new fast. Need HDCB to verify whether Platinum is also the new fast, or the co-fast.

Butler was provided a lifetime supply of stickum. Not sure where it came from but unverified reports are that he dropped the box, it broke open and, well, the rest will be history.

Despite rumors that Wildhack is in talks to extend Dino, HCDB has repeatedly stated he will not partake in contract talks mid-season. The Post Substandard dusted off Bud Poliquin, who is speculating that this means HCDB will begin extension talks between games 9 and 10. I'd provide the links but then you will have wasted 10 minutes of your life that you will never get backreading words that he just looked up in 1734 dictionary to ensure obscurity..

Pitt leads the Leprechauns by 1.
UNL Secures their new Big 10 moniker of Rutgers West.
In a game with no good choices, Tennessee beat Auburn. Guess Auburn is not quite as good as advertised. I mean, how good can Tennessee be if they were considering hiring Schiano?

Duke dookied on GATech.
PedState, who really sucks, just took the lead on MSU. Get it together Sparty!

Did I mention I hate BYE week?

I think we should bench Dungey, and play Amie.

I think when it's a bye week we should all make ourselves a couple of manly man tacos and go to the chatroom and chat about nothing.

A good time to roll back the clock and revisit old-and-busted phenomena like the wildcat formation or the "tank package".

If we are rolling back the clock let's go wishbone with Elmore Neal and Howard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom