Official: Temple to BE this fall | Syracusefan.com

Official: Temple to BE this fall

SunBeastConf.jpg

For whatever reason, Temple rejoining the Big East seems to be of great concern to the Rutgers faithful.

Temple could be a legitimate local "rival" for them and add spice and interest to a conference that badly needs it.

Syracuse could have never been the "rival" the Rutgers people were wishing for since their athletic program always lacked the stature to be an SU rival.

The RU concern over Temple re-joining is probably because they feel this somehow takes away from their exclusive franchise in the geographic area. Although widespread fan interest in Rutgers never has materialized, their dream has been that they might awaken the market potential --- people who might become fans if they somehow established a winning tradition against teams that the population saw as actually being worthy adversaries.

Temple takes a huge chuck out of this dream since they are the likely choice of Phialdelphians and South Jerseyans, who view North Jersey as a foreign country. (They talk funny up there and root for the Giants and Yankees as opposed to the Eagles and Phillies.)

For whatever reason, Temple rejoining the Big East seems to be of great concern to the Rutgers faithful.

Temple could be a legitimate local "rival" for them and add spice and interest to a conference that badly needs it.

Syracuse could have never been the "rival" the Rutgers people were wishing for since their athletic program always lacked the stature to be an SU rival.

The RU concern over Temple re-joining is probably because they feel this somehow takes away from their exclusive franchise in the geographic area. Although widespread fan interest in Rutgers never has materialized, their dream has been that they might awaken the market potential --- people who might become fans if they somehow established a winning tradition against teams that the population saw as actually being worthy adversaries.

Temple takes a huge chuck out of this dream since they are the likely choice of Phialdelphians and South Jerseyans, who view North Jersey as a foreign country. (They talk funny up there and root for the Giants and Yankees as opposed to the Eagles and Phillies.)

What do you think the TV ratings will be for a Tues. night matchup between The Girls and Temple ?

Not sure about the ratings but this will be me sitting in front of TV watching Big East Tuesday Night FB on ESPNU
images

What do you think the TV ratings will be for a Tues. night matchup between The Girls and Temple ?

In New Jersey, the ratings wouldn't be bad. Afterall, there isn't a lot of competiton on Tuesday nights. If hese teams play on a Saturday their ratings would be right up there with the Patriot League games that somehow get on obscure cable channels.

Funny thing about TV ratings. The Rutgers people --- for whatever strange reason --- only consider local ratings when they talk about them. That's of course because their national ratings are miniscule ---- which explains why after 2 ACC expansions, a Big 12 expansion and a B1G expansion they are still stuck in the New C-USA.

In New Jersey, the ratings wouldn't be bad.
Don't forget that the die-hards leave their TV tuned to the game that they attend in person.
They're just so clever. :D

Is the BE dumb enough to add Temple BBall for 2012-13 and pay extra to the A10 for it? Will be interesting to see if that answer is yes. Not need to have 16 in BBall. And it allows SU to play 4 teams twice next year. That increases the chances we get UConn, GTown, or Nova twice. Maybe even all three.

Is the BE dumb enough to add Temple BBall for 2012-13 and pay extra to the A10 for it? Will be interesting to see if that answer is yes. Not need to have 16 in BBall. And it allows SU to play 4 teams twice next year. That increases the chances we get UConn, GTown, or Nova twice. Maybe even all three.

McMurphy's article implies that Temple will be FB only for 2012, and will join for all sports in 2013-14.

$6 million buyout from MAC, that is being picked up by BIG EAST. Thoughts?

$6 million buyout from MAC, that is being picked up by BIG EAST. Thoughts?

Bad for BE good for SU. Seriously BE pay $10 and get Boise or $6 and get Temple? I like it better as Temple is easier both on the field and for travel. But the BE will be a lot weaker, is that not worth the $4 million? Especially when it is house money?

Bad for BE good for SU. Seriously BE pay $10 and get Boise or $6 and get Temple? I like it better as Temple is easier both on the field and for travel. But the BE will be a lot weaker, is that not worth the $4 million? Especially when it is house money?

More money for SJU, Providence, Seton Hall, etc...haven't we already discussed this ;)

I don't quite understand why the BE would add Navy as a FB only in 2015. What is the benefit of having an additional FB only and a 13th FB team?

I don't quite understand why the BE would add Navy as a FB only in 2015. What is the benefit of having an additional FB only and a 13th FB team?

More likely Navy didn't want to move their other sports.

They're just preparing for Louisville's departure.

Townie, I am glad you are covering for Zak while his is toiling away in parts unknown.

Look how the conference has run and is being run. The blind leading the blind. They are clueless and making dumb moves.

And lets be honest by 2015 a few schools will bolt the Big East and your scenario will be a non-issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom