Official Virginia game thread? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Official Virginia game thread?

Our offense is sooo bad it's comical. UVA scored 2 points the first 14 minutes and were just begging to be beat. To be losing at halftime is a disgrace. Total meltdown the last 5 minutes. We had our chance. Should have been up by 20. We just don't capitalize. This is going to get very ugly in the 2nd half now.
I'm not going to say our offense was good, but you do know that UVa (besides Kentucky) is the best defensive team in the country, right?
That meltdown was the result of terrible defense and rebounding.

How in the F was that a foul on Rak on the And 1. I rewound it and he is standing there with his arms up and Gill just bulls into him. Horsesh!t call

Yeah, that call was pathetic.

Just so we're clear, UVA is on a 7-0 run since BJ went to the bench. Damn you, Kaleb Joseph! I'm sure this is all your fault according to Jim Boeheim!

Is he suspended? I'm going to reiterate my desire for him to get a few minutes as the shooting guard.

I really don't understand how we are losing, Uva is all but going through the motions and handing us the game, and we aren't taking it.

Kaleb is an offensive disaster right now. The kid hasn't made a jump a shot since the Miami game. The fact he is sitting is zero surprise
The only thing worse is his defense...which is why he is watching this one.

Is he suspended? I'm going to reiterate my desire for him to get a few minutes as the shooting guard.
I'm fine with him playing off the ball. I just don't see what Buss actually gives us. He only ever scores on layups, on the rare occasions he actually gets them. He's a worse ballhandler than Joseph. He defends a little better because he's got Inspector Gadget arms. That's about it. I just don't get what JB is doing to Joseph. He's been on him all year, and then capping it off by benching him is just a little strange to me. Going from starting every single game all year to logging, so far, a DNP? That's just weird.

That's mind boggling to me. Buss comes in and immediately turns the ball over. Kaleb could easily have turned it over there too, Jimmy.

Honestly, I wouldn't even blame Kaleb if he says "enough of this crap" and transfers.
yeah, cuz Kaleb just hasn't been given a chance all year long, has he?

Rak could've had two more fouls called on him. Virginia woke up and our offense is just unwatchable against a good defense. We rarely reverse the ball, don't have guys who can break other guards down off the dribble, and have poor shooting. I am still shocked how poorly they react when Rak is doubled.

JB totally made the right call he knows defense is our only chance to win. Hopefully BJ can come back to put G at the top of the zone but Patterson over Joseph for defense and hope Cooney/G can hit some jumpers.

He wont transfer, but I do agree that he hasn't been bad enough to warrant a DNP in the 1st half, especially considering our other options.

If they don't win this one for Rak I hope they all transfer! :) J/K

By the way, I hope the last several games have settled down the talk of G going pro. Not a chance in hell.

Rak could've had two more fouls called on him. Virginia woke up and our offense is just unwatchable against a good defense. We rarely reverse the ball, don't have guys who can break other guards down off the dribble, and have poor shooting. I am still shocked how poorly they react when Rak is doubled.

Yeah, McDonough commented on it - our spacing is terrible. We also largely just stand around if Rak is doubled. We're clueless on offense.

Like everyone else, they will make a 3 to start the half. a 6 point deficit against UVA might as well be 20

Rak continues to be the best passer on the team.

By the way, I hope the last several games have settled down the talk of G going pro. Not a chance in hell.
That had little to do with his NBA prospects, at least in my opinion.

I liked it better in the first half when Virginia wasn't making EVERY SINGLE SHOT.

We're closing out like champs tonight!

We're losing by 20 aren't we? We literally cannot play defense anymore. I think UVA has scored on THIRTEEN straight possessions.

2 games in a row getting trashed on the glass. Can't blame it on playing the 1st pick in the draft this time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom