Official WFAN and all other media gripes thread | Syracusefan.com

Official WFAN and all other media gripes thread

KaiserUEO

2022 and 2x ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
Benigno's last show is 11/6.

here comes Carton...

Last edited:
Chernoff must be desperate reaching out to that criminal, I guess he really wanted to beat Michael Kay again.

Chernoff must be desperate reaching out to that criminal, I guess he really wanted to beat Michael Kay again.
WFAN & Mike flucked up when they didnt realize how powerful radio on the television is.

Kay was dead to rights till he got on YES.

Evan & Carton will immediately give Kay trouble and if they ever get on say SNY or MSG...its over.

WFAN & Mike flucked up when they didnt realize how powerful radio on the television is.

Kay was dead to rights till he got on YES.

Evan & Carton will immediately give Kay trouble and if they ever get on say SNY or MSG...its over.
Evan is not good. They should get jj.

This big northeastern city stuff is not your thing.

Just because he is a SU Alum and WAER doesn't make him good. Adam Schein he is not.

Best recent guy is Danny Parkins. Horrible decision by the local radio station here to let him get away. Now I think last heard he is toiling in Kansas City.

Just because he is a SU Alum and WAER doesn't make him good. Adam Schein he is not.

Best recent guy is Danny Parkins. Horrible decision by the local radio station here to let him get away. Now I think last heard he is toiling in Kansas City.
What has Evan Roberts ever done?He's failed in the afternoon drive. Jj is the next rising star. He is loved in the sports entertainment business.

Chicago.

Chicago.

He was in KC. When he first left Syracuse. I heard tale the big show at the time here in Syracuse Bud and the Manchild (Specifically the Manchild Jim Lerch) was envious of Parkins and his popularity. Lerch also fired Brent Axe at a previous station when his show become more popular. Or so I heard.

My man Joe!... this is all the time they give us to say goodbye to a legend?! I had planned on giving a call on a Monday off I had in December... guess that’s not gonna happen. :(

Evan is great and JJ is great.

He was in KC. When he first left Syracuse. I heard tale the big show at the time here in Syracuse Bud and the Manchild (Specifically the Manchild Jim Lerch) was envious of Parkins and his popularity. Lerch also fired Brent Axe at a previous station when his show become more popular. Or so I heard.

He left KC for Chicago in 2017

Yeah, why would someone leave Syracuse for a job talking about major league pro sports?

Selfish. Stupid. Bad career move.

It's about time. After Francesa, Bozo Joe was next in line of just mailing it in. Just could never get into him. Evan is going to drive Carton nuts in a week.

It's about time. After Francesa, Bozo Joe was next in line of just mailing it in. Just could never get into him. Evan is going to drive Carton nuts in a week.

Slow your roll Bro. Joe was a classic. Loved listening to him go off after a jets loss.

Evan and Carton are a bad mix. Carton be better off solo.

Yeah, why would someone leave Syracuse for a job talking about major league pro sports?

Selfish. Stupid. Bad career move.

Fair enough. If you know the story Jim Lerch of Bud and the Man Child grew envious of Danny Parkins success and popularity so the station didn't even try to keep him. Lerch did the same thing years early to Brent Axe and actually personally fired him after his show become popular.

Slow your roll Bro. Joe was a classic. Loved listening to him go off after a jets loss.

Evan and Carton are a bad mix. Carton be better off solo.
Carton is a criminal who isn't even that talented. Wfan should pair jj off with an ex athlete like a Bart Scott type.

Carton is a criminal who isn't even that talented. Wfan should pair jj off with an ex athlete like a Bart Scott type.

My god what is the love affair with JJ. That accent with talking like he's a 6 year old on a sugar rush.

My god what is the love affair with JJ. That accent with talking like he's a 6 year old on a sugar rush.
He's very talented sometimes the enthusiasm is a bit much but I enjoy listening to him. Your guy Evan sounds like a 12 year old awaiting puberty.

He's very talented sometimes the enthusiasm is a bit much but I enjoy listening to him. Your guy Evan sounds like a 12 year old awaiting puberty.
Evan is great.

JJ is great.

id still add a former pro to Evan & Carton, Weatherford? Evan can ringmaster it all, unlike Carlson, who had to revert to a script and an outline to get through the show.

Id put JJ on midday's...,but his gambling show is great.
he might be better off on MadDog Radio or VSIN.

Benigno's last show is 11/6.

here comes Carton...

I remember when he first started, i was living in brooklyn for school and he took steve summers late night spot...he was actually pretty good.. summers was hilarious..especially with the clips he used to incessantly run including such classics as the Al Arbour ron hextall clip, the coleman whoop de damn doo,...not to mention references to whale watching on Montauk and how the Islanders stanley cup parade would go down the Jericho Turnpike.

I remember when he first started, i was living in brooklyn for school and he took steve summers late night spot...he was actually pretty good.. summers was hilarious..especially with the clips he used to incessantly run including such classics as the Al Arbour ron hextall clip, the coleman whoop de damn doo,...not to mention references to whale watching on Montauk and how the Islanders stanley cup parade would go down the Jericho Turnpike.
somers is great, his monologues are the stuff of legend.

way back when i was street parking my Jeep in the 90s and 00s, he was my time check as to whether i got a spot quick. if i was sitting in my car waiting for him to come on...good. if i was still driving up and down, York to Park, street after street, looking for a proper day parking spot...bad.

"the Metro...Politans, took another one...to the chin."

Dog is gone.

Mike is gone.

Tony Paige is gone.

Minko is gone.,

Joe is gone.

all thats left is the Schmoozer with Ed Coleman & the great Suzyn if you count them.

new era...

I'm not sure they had much say in the matter, move up the food chain and probably twice the salary.. I had a job drafting rebar details for a year after college, I certainly wasn't going to stay there forever. I would have blown my head off

You hate him, yet you will listen.

see you all at 5...