Officially out of it | Syracusefan.com

Officially out of it

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
Mitch McGary's top 3: Michigan, Duke, UNC

hope Michigan wins that one now that we are ACC bound... eh for that matter I've always rooted against Duke and UNC...

correction he is 19 now, will be 20 next summer before he begins college ball

hope Michigan wins that one now that we are ACC bound... eh for that matter I've always rooted against Duke and UNC...
Agreed. I have a feeling McGary is going to be a big time player wherever he lands.

I don't think Syracuse was ever seriously in the mix for McGary, if at all.

We were never really officially or unofficially in it. McGary is a heavy Michigan lean. I also believe that he had previously eliminated Duke as well and I don't know how NC snuck in at this point.

Which reminds me.Would love to see NC State pick up TJ Warren. That would give them a helluva recruiting class. Wake has done pretty well this year as well. It's interesting to see the talent shifting around rather than being packed for the big names. Providence isn't doing so shabby. Uhhh ... and then there is Rutgers.

As Skan noted we were never involved in this recruitment from the get go. Michigan and Duke are the frontrunners but the consensus is that Michigan has the advantage currently.

Going to be my Meeechigan Wolverines (my #2 team). He just canceled his Kentucky visit and sounds like a decision will come in the next 10 days.

I've been very concerned/critical of Beilein's recruiting but if this happens I will certainly have to shut my mouth. Add him to Hardaway Jr., Jordan Morgan, Smotrycz, Big Dog Jr. and others and we've got our best squad since the years that shall not be mentioned...

You got a link on that? As a Heels fan, this is huge news, to think we're still in the running for this guy.
According to "sources" McGary's parents favoring Duke while AAU coach favoring Michigan. Your latest commit may have hurt you a tad at getting McGary ... while generally listed as a PF he also favors the 5. In any event there seems to be IMHO that there has been little change in his heavy lean toward Michigan. McGary is a one-and-done anyway. He will be 20 years old when he starts college hoops ... too old to wait for 3 more years to go to NBA. As usual this is all IMO

This kid had a Duke commitment in his future the day of his conception.

I will wager my non-existant reputation on this board that he commits to my Wolverines. :)

Evan Daniels and Dave Telep have both said this week that Mich is now the major favorite and Duke moderators even said the same today.

Ok, so, it looks like McGary is opening up again. He will be taking more visits and is "wide open"

Posted: Today 12:10 PM
New Mitch McGary Information

Sometimes in the world of recruiting things change, they change quickly, and they change without much warning. Last week we reported that Michigan had emerged as the big leader, and that a decision would be forthcoming likely by the middle of the month.

That was all in fact 100 percent accurate. A planned announcement was set for the middle of next week, and the anticipation was that Michigan would be the choice. Well, at the moment that is now all not happening.

This week after talking things over as a family, the McGary’s have decided to re-evaluate all of their options, and now a decision is very unlikely to be made in the next week, as was planned. The McGary family has informed the parties involved that Mitch will potentially take more visits, and that he is now wide open in the process.

Now we don’t believe this to mean new schools will be invited into the recruitment, our guess is the list of six is still final, but he still has official visits that can be taken, as well as obviously making unofficial visits.

Michigan is still very much an option for McGary, and the Wolverines still have to be considered a major threat, but no longer do they have a stranglehold on this situation.

As more becomes known, we will make sure to share it with you, and obviously in this recruitment there has been some moving parts. Mitch is happy to take things slowly right now, and look for a visit or two more to happen, or at the very least a re-consideration of all his available options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom