Offseason Dichotomy | Syracusefan.com

Offseason Dichotomy

5OutFred

2nd String
With how much hype surrounded football this offseason, and the feeling of lack of hype with hoops, is this year the biggest difference in excitement surrounding the programs going into a season?

What other years in recent memory have felt similar?

With how much hype surrounded football this offseason, and the feeling of lack of hype with hoops, is this year the biggest difference in excitement surrounding the programs going into a season?

Nobody really has any idea what to expect from this year's team and we have no superstars.

You’re not excited coming into a basketball season? That should never happen in the Cuse I don’t care where you think the program is.

I think 2018 may have been pretty similar with Dungey.

Nobody really has any idea what to expect from this year's team and we have no superstars.

Oddly enough we had no superstars last year either we just thought we had one. Now this year there isn’t a clear star but there are a few candidates who could emerge.

Oddly enough we had no superstars last year either we just thought we had one. Now this year there isn’t a clear star but there are a few candidates who could emerge.
I am much higher on Chris Bell than most people. The good thing about there being so many games is the ability to build enthusiasm as the season progresses and stars emerge.

Fans are excited about football because football is still exciting. There will be a ton of hype for basketball once the team hits the court. It is hard to get excited about something when the majority of the news around basketball is player features.

Fans are excited about football because football is still exciting. There will be a ton of hype for basketball once the team hits the court.
I'm sure there will be! Just an interesting comparison in football receiving substantial offseason coverage/buzz both locally and nationally and hoops so little.

I am much higher on Chris Bell than most people. The good thing about there being so many games is the ability to build enthusiasm as the season progresses and stars emerge.
OIG sycophant.

Maybe 2001 when we had Freeney single handedly winning games as our bball team was fighting each other and we were starting James Thues
what a season to be alive. julius hodge embarrassing us in the dome. ga tech dismantling us in atlanta. starting 16-2 and then completely dying and then going to the NIT f4.

curb stomps, impregnating gf's, boeheim out for 3 games wild wild stuff. half the team leaves. winning the champ the next year.

Maybe we can score 100 per game and win interested to watch I just don't expect us to have much chemistry so expectations are lower.

The 1993 Syracuse basketball team was on probation so the hype was pretty low for that team but we ended up being pretty good. I can’t remember how the football team did that year but the 90s were the high water mark for football.

I remember 1992-93 (postseason ban) and then beating Kentucky really late (Valentine’s Day) in 1993-94, when I feel like we were more of a football school.
Then 1995-96 came around…

The 1993 Syracuse basketball team was on probation so the hype was pretty low for that team but we ended up being pretty good. I can’t remember how the football team did that year but the 90s were the high water mark for football.
The football team was really good that year. Went 10-2 and finished top 10 after beating Colorado in the Fiesta Bowl. That was the year of Gedney on the 3 yard line against Miami. We had playmakers on offense, a really good defense, and great special teams. We haven't had a team as complete since.

The football team was really good that year. Went 10-2 and finished top 10 after beating Colorado in the Fiesta Bowl. That was the year of Gedney on the 3 yard line against Miami. We had playmakers on offense, a really good defense, and great special teams. We haven't had a team as complete since.
I loved that team. Couldn’t remember the year without looking it up. Thanks for the reminder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom