Class of 2020 - OG Micah Mazzccua (PA) Portal from Florida to Nebraska | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 OG Micah Mazzccua (PA) Portal from Florida to Nebraska

Plausible deniability

Show me even rumors this is occurring. May happen in the future. Haven’t heard of it happening at this point. Everyone knew for decades of players being paid illegally. You could find rumors of that everywhere. Just because you think it’s happening doesn’t mean it is. That’s not really plausible deniability. But again, show me some evidence (even some very loose evidence beyond “I think it is”) it’s happening at this point in time and I’m happy to read about it.

Not sure what happens here but if we can land him, would be one of the biggest wins for us yet. Still want the guy from Princeton too. Surprised how quiet it has been after all the visits. Think someone mentioned we are working quietly now behind the scenes.

Show me even rumors this is occurring. May happen in the future. Haven’t heard of it happening at this point. Everyone knew for decades of players being paid illegally. You could find rumors of that everywhere. Just because you think it’s happening doesn’t mean it is. That’s not really plausible deniability. But again, show me some evidence (even some very loose evidence beyond “I think it is”) it’s happening at this point in time and I’m happy to read about it.
The whole premise of “Plausible deniability” is saying prove it which it is hard and if so, someone else takes the fall. Prove that it isn’t happening.

Well that stinks. Parks and Mazzccua were probably the 2 higher profile guys we had on the visit and the help we need for our new QB. I'm thinking the way they took that group pic with Tank/Hastings/Nwokocha that we landed Hastings and Nwokocha. With the addition of Weatherspoon we still need some Oline beef... Jalen Travis will be next man up.

Well that stinks. Parks and Mazzccua were probably the 2 higher profile guys we had on the visit and the help we need for our new QB. I'm thinking the way they took that group pic with Tank/Hastings/Nwokocha that we landed Hastings and Nwokocha. With the addition of Weatherspoon we still need some Oline beef... Jalen Travis will be next man up.
It’s a bummer but we will be good. More guys to visit this month and then a new run of portal players after spring ball too.

It just can’t be. I don’t make the rules. The NIL rules state it can’t be performance based, can’t be anything that looks or smells like performance based. Can’t even be based on number of games played, opting out of a bowl game, or making it to a bowl game.
You weren’t allowed to pay players anything until NIL but …

I guarantee you there are incentive based nil deals
If you achieve X by week 6 suddenly a new booster will want to film a car commercial with you.

I wasn’t talking about previous performance at all. Of course NIL’s are based on previous performance. Nobody is giving CDWR a million dollars because he was a former 5 star after seeing how he played at SU. This is purely about the idea mentioned that NIL deals can be based on future performance. They can be based on what someone is hoping a person will do but can’t be performance based.
Oh gotcha.

I was talking to an insider down here in Florida who is Gator sponsor and he said Mazzccua was pushing that he wants to be the highest paid OG in portal. If that is the case, I don't think we will be in on that.

How would he even know?

If he chooses Arkansas over us for money so be it. Arkansas will be irrelevant next year and we should win 9-10 games. He’s going to be in the league, seems like he isn’t thinking long term.
We can't do this every time we don't get a kid.

I'm not sure how you can say "Arkansas will be irrelevant and we should win 9-10 games".

At the end of the day they still play in the SEC and will still be a pull for any kid. And we haven't shown a single thing yet that says "9-3 or 10-2" besides recruiting the type of class Arkansas brings in yearly.

Methinks so too

We can't do this every time we don't get a kid.

I'm not sure how you can say "Arkansas will be irrelevant and we should win 9-10 games".

At the end of the day they still play in the SEC and will still be a pull for any kid. And we haven't shown a single thing yet that says "9-3 or 10-2" besides recruiting the type of class Arkansas brings in yearly.
Arkansas has virtually no shot at being relevant in the SEC next year. We have an easy schedule next year. I have not said this for any other kid that has chosen not to come here. Arkansas has had back to back fringe top 25 classes the last two years. Certainly better than ours have been, but they aren’t landing top 10-15 classes every year.

Just to add, I have no problems if someone chooses not to come here. I trust this staff, they’ve earned that in a month. I’m not worried about what the roster will look like next year. It’s been upgraded significantly in a month. I’d rather have someone who wants to be here and buys into Fran’s vision.

I will take damn good care of you Micah I am Arkansas wealthiest alumni
Jerry Jones GIF by SB Nation

Did you guys hear something I didn't while I was watching the Giants game????? As of 2pm CST I heard we had a good chance of landing this kid. What did I miss?

Did you guys hear something I didn't while I was watching the Giants game????? As of 2pm CST I heard we had a good chance of landing this kid. What did I miss?
Him. He's not coming to SU. Arkansas bound.

Arkansas has virtually no shot at being relevant in the SEC next year. We have an easy schedule next year. I have not said this for any other kid that has chosen not to come here. Arkansas has had back to back fringe top 25 classes the last two years. Certainly better than ours have been, but they aren’t landing top 10-15 classes every year.

Just to add, I have no problems if someone chooses not to come here. I trust this staff, they’ve earned that in a month. I’m not worried about what the roster will look like next year. It’s been upgraded significantly in a month. I’d rather have someone who wants to be here and buys into Fran’s vision.
Not calling you out specifically. We've just seen a ton of posts around the prospects we haven't landed this cycle (Since Fran) that are a bit over the top with the sour grapes.

Big time recruiting means you're going to miss out on a lot of good players. Kids have their own reasons for picking schools. It's not just "money" all the time.

Too many people take it personally.

Not calling you out specifically. We've just seen a ton of posts around the prospects we haven't landed this cycle (Since Fran) that are a bit over the top with the sour grapes.

Big time recruiting means you're going to miss out on a lot of good players. Kids have their own reasons for picking schools. It's not just "money" all the time.

Too many people take it personally.
I hear ya. I am psyched that we are even being considered by a lot of these guys. The turn around has been insane by the staff. If we can follow it up with a big season look out.