OGBJ Needs more Ibuprofen | Syracusefan.com

OGBJ Needs more Ibuprofen

OGBJ20

Starter
I finally decided to take on BJ and his cohorts one on one. OG gave the youngins a lesson to have respect for their elders. I opened up by scoring 10buckets in a row on the group while playing Rise and Shine(player scores to stay on the court). Took a breather, water break, stretching to finish out my 30minute workout with BJ (I'm Done) They continued to workout for about another 3hours. Overall, BJ was able to adjust to the experience as we went along listening to details about the nuances of going one on one, being aggressive and getting to your hotspot. OG's a long way from this:
OG1.jpg

Go get em, Bobby.
Take it while it's there I say. My dad, smooth shooter and quick, agile guard took me and my brother for the longest while.
I have him now, but it took a long while, at least into my 20s.

Btw, great picture. Not sure if that guy is your teammate, but either way, he's scared enough to get out of the way!
I still remember the first time I got dunked on. Guy was cool, and I was in the "A" league, but it didn't feel that good, lol.

Mr. Johnson:

Have you seen the poster hanging at the Varsity Pizza with Roosevelt Bouie dunking on some poor player for St. Francis? Your newspaper clipping above immediately triggered the memory. You'll know exactly what I mean when you see the shot. And the Varsity serves some very good pizza with a flavor all its own.

(Comrades, anybody got this photo saved somewhere? Google was no help.)

Thanks a million for joining our little community. Looking forward to seeing BJ suit up for the Orange this fall and make good on his recent forecast.

Mr. Johnson:

Have you seen the poster hanging at the Varsity Pizza with Roosevelt Bouie dunking on some poor player for St. Francis? Your newspaper clipping above immediately triggered the memory. You'll know exactly what I mean when you see the shot. And the Varsity serves some very good pizza with a flavor all its own.

Thanks a million for joining our little community. Looking forward to seeing BJ suit up for the Orange this fall and make good on his recent forecast.
Plus, when you go to Varsity if you order wings, if things are the same you'll be treated to hearing "Bob-BY, your wings are rea-DY!"

Trust me, it's outstanding when you hear it. A real staple. I just hope the guy who always said that is still there. If not, I'll be really disappointed.

Plus, when you go to Varsity if you order wings, if things are the same you'll be treated to hearing "Bob-BY, your wings are rea-DY!"

Trust me, it's outstanding when you hear it. A real staple. I just hope the guy who always said that is still there. If not, I'll be really disappointed.

If Don Pardo is still hanging on with the SNL weekly intro, there's every chance in the world that Varsity Guy is still rocking the house.

NEVER ON SUNDAY

Go get em, Bobby.
Take it while it's there I say. My dad, smooth shooter and quick, agile guard took me and my brother for the longest while.
I have him now, but it took a long while, at least into my 20s.

Btw, great picture. Not sure if that guy is your teammate, but either way, he's scared enough to get out of the way!
I still remember the first time I got dunked on. Guy was cool, and I was in the "A" league, but it didn't feel that good, lol.
He was the opponent. Jeff Fryer was on that team. We needed to win every game when I got there. I think we won like five straight before losing to get a chance to win the league to get to the "A" league. Any how I had a great time. Great wheat beer!!! As for BJ and his cohorts, I will continue to work with him on the next levels physicality of the game along with one on one scoring arsenal. I told them that they were lucky that I have not played in a while and was not in decent shape or I'd still be busting their butts. The good thing is that BJ continues to put in the work to be better. As for me, that's a different story.
OG2.jpg

I'm always down for some good hot wings.

He was the opponent. Jeff Fryer was on that team. We needed to win every game when I got there. I think we won like five straight before losing to get a chance to win the league to get to the "A" league. Any how I had a great time. Great wheat beer!!! As for BJ and his cohorts, I will continue to work with him on the next levels physicality of the game along with one on one scoring arsenal. I told them that they were lucky that I have not played in a while and was not in decent shape or I'd still be busting their butts. The good thing is that BJ continues to put in the work to be better. As for me, that's a different story.
View attachment 3468
Ha, great one in bold!
400_F_49407187_AywnWQlurv4JiTU7ycTumzMzSFwx2Pe3.jpg

Good stuff and brings back memories since we all thought we were good enough to "take down the old man" at some point and emphatically proven wrong.

Imagine my surprise when at 6'3 in high school my 5'9 father was skying over me for rebounds. He was a big time soccer player, played hoops and could dunk in HS but I thought by his 40's he was well past it... I misjudged that badly. Also remember him repeatedly creating separation with his shoulder while driving for effect and to prove a point.

View attachment 3468
I guess I don't have to go on the Maury Show now:cool: :
BJ vs St Joes 12.29.12.jpg #2.jpg

I finally decided to take on BJ and his cohorts one on one. OG gave the youngins a lesson to have respect for their elders. I opened up by scoring 10buckets in a row on the group while playing Rise and Shine(player scores to stay on the court). Took a breather, water break, stretching to finish out my 30minute workout with BJ (I'm Done) They continued to workout for about another 3hours. Overall, BJ was able to adjust to the experience as we went along listening to details about the nuances of going one on one, being aggressive and getting to your hotspot. OG's a long way from this:
View attachment 3467
So much for getting on the Maury Show, Damn!
bj 1st rd states2.jpg

I love Ennis' game, Chino's defense, but be warned Pitt and ACC Mr. Softies:
The new version of the Killer Bs are in town.
BJ
Beast Roberson
Buss

fighting_bee2.jpg
It will definitely be some furniture moving in the next few years. They gon learn today!!! Killer B's, The Creator and Chino. We going in. Keep all women and children out of the way. Spreading SUball range all over the court.

Mr. Johnson:

I don't have a picture of that poster, though I will try and get a snapshot of it the next time I stop by there.

Thought you might be interested in some trivia about that poster though. Do you know who the St Francis player is that got dunked on so violently? It turns out he is pretty well known, especially in upstate NY basketball circles.

Fast forward to this season, Scott and a Spurs scout go to Syracuse to scout Syracuse-Notre Dame. After it was a stop in a Syracuse eatery. On the wall was a poster size picture of former 6-11 Syracuse standout Roosevelt Bouie dunking. Scott got closer and realized, he was the player down below so to speak, in the photo. Scott played for St. Francis (PA) and remembered the game well.

Link to Entire Story (Gotta Scroll Down)

Good stuff and brings back memories since we all thought we were good enough to "take down the old man" at some point and emphatically proven wrong.

Imagine my surprise when at 6'3 in high school my 5'9 father was skying over me for rebounds. He was a big time soccer player, played hoops and could dunk in HS but I thought by his 40's he was well past it... I misjudged that badly. Also remember him repeatedly creating separation with his shoulder while driving for effect and to prove a point.
It's like riding a bike, it just doesn't go as fast.:rolling:

I don't have a picture of that poster, though I will try and get a snapshot of it the next time I stop by there.

Thought you might be interested in some trivia about that poster though. Do you know who the St Francis player is that got dunked on so violently? It turns out he is pretty well known, especially in upstate NY basketball circles.

Fast forward to this season, Scott and a Spurs go to Syracuse to Syracuse-Notre Dame. After it was a stop in a Syracuse eatery. On the wall was a poster size picture of former 6-11 Syracuse standout Roosevelt Bouie dunking. Scott got closer and realized, he was the player down below so to speak, in the photo. Scott played for St. Francis (PA) and remembered the game well.

Link to Entire Story (Gotta Scroll Down)

That's excellent. My new caption for that photo will be, "Get back, Loretto!"

Thanks, TC. Great trivia item.