Ogundeko | Syracusefan.com

Ogundeko

DocFlanders

All Conference
how is he only a 3 star on scout with that re-donk-u-lous offer list. Really?

Just one more reason for NYC kids to have a chip on their shoulders

Because scout doesn't rate their prospects based on offer lists like Rivals does. Rivals uses only offer lists. If you have an offer from Notre Dame, Ohio State, Alabama, and LSU, you're a 4 or 5-star. Scout actually watches film of these players, and ranks them according to their talent on the field and how they're projected at the next level.

Because scout doesn't rate their prospects based on offer lists like Rivals does. Rivals uses only offer lists. If you have an offer from Notre Dame, Ohio State, Alabama, and LSU, you're a 4 or 5-star. Scout actually watches film of these players, and ranks them according to their talent on the field and how they're projected at the next level.

Which is interesting ... I guess because I am wondering why half the schools in the country would offer this kid and press for him and Scout only sees him as a 3 star ... any idea why? I know that at times its because they haven't gone back and revisited their rankings and players get bumped frequently but somehow you would think that this isn't the case in this situation. FWIW Spruill was given a 4 star by rivals and no one else ... that sure as heck wasn't based on offers so I question how much of that statement is valid.

Which is interesting ... I guess because I am wondering why half the schools in the country would offer this kid and press for him and Scout only sees him as a 3 star ... any idea why? I know that at times its because they haven't gone back and revisited their rankings and players get bumped frequently but somehow you would think that this isn't the case in this situation. FWIW Spruill was given a 4 star by rivals and no one else ... that sure as heck wasn't based on offers so I question how much of that statement is valid.
There are always exceptions to rules, but that's the way it works a vast majority of the time.

Your reasoning why a bunch of schools would be on a kid is why Rivals uses that method. The theory is, if a bunch of major programs all want a kid, he must be an elite prospect. Scout would rather break down their film and rank them accordingly. Sometimes scouts at schools are wrong. Or have a glaring need and think he's the best target. There are a variety of factors that go into it, but that's the general methodology used by different services.

It should always be noted that the difference between a high 3-star and a low 4-star is minimal.

that's interesting, because it seems like a lot of the time Scout just slaps a 2star rating on a kid that hasn't been going to the camp circuit without actually objectively reviewing them and how they would project at the next level :noidea:

that's interesting, because it seems like a lot of the time Scout just slaps a 2star rating on a kid that hasn't been going to the camp circuit without actually objectively reviewing them and how they would project at the next level :noidea:

exactly...Zach Allen is a perfect example right now. They either have not evaluated him or they think their evals are better than Dilfer's and the Elite 11 staff and various other football people. Dilfer not only has other professional football players helping with the QB evals, he said the staff is made up of some of the best high school QB coaches in the country.

Scouts list are static and updated periodically. I don't believe they update continually, however, I imagine they will bump him to 4* once they revisit. Btw... Who gives a damn about star ratings? This kid is a jewel!

exactly...Zach Allen is a perfect example right now. They either have not evaluated him or they think their evals are better than Dilfer's and the Elite 11 staff and various other football people. Dilfer not only has other professional football players helping with the QB evals, he said the staff is made up of some of the best high school QB coaches in the country.

That is exactly their rationale. Elite 11, big deal, they've seen his junior tape and they aren't bumping him until after his senior season.

Ogundeko's also very raw. Talent/ability is there but needs to be coached and harnessed.

He's three stars because they haven't scouted him. Only scouted players get a 4 or 5 star.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom