Oh Boy here comes our attention needy DA to the rescue | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Oh Boy here comes our attention needy DA to the rescue

Sanity from Syracuse.com?
Red November 18, 2011 at 3:37PM
Follow

If you blink, you miss it. In the Syracuse.com article posted yesterday at 9:14 P.M. it said this: "[Fitzpatrick] said he couldn't imagine police would be investigating something dating to the 1980s, because the statute of limitations had long passed and there would be nothing to prosecute." So now, in the article posted at 1:10 P.M. today, Fitzy says that "We worked a long time to get people to follow the proper protocols when it comes to abused children. Telling someone to hit the road because of the statute of limitations is not what should happen." So which is it, Fitz ? Fitz's new-found concern over the possibility of current or future victims may just be a pretext to camouflage his real goal here, which may be to go after the two accusers with a vengeance.

Politicians, Hypocrisy and a whole bunch of cya ...

Had the university been proactive they should have given the info to the DA. He would have had the opportunity to get statements back then under oath and we wouldn't be having this problem now.

Folks here might be over-reacting to what the DA said. Obviously, he felt burned that he did not know about the previous investigations and is, as has been said, covering his a$$. Fitzpatrick has a history of being pretty decent when investigating accusations regarding SU athletes.

It has been my impression, following Fitzpatrick's DA tenure over the years, that his association with the SU athletic department has always been "friendly". I could be mistaken, but that's the way I've seen it.

It has been my impression, following Fitzpatrick's DA tenure over the years, that his association with the SU athletic department has always been "friendly". I could be mistaken, but that's the way I've seen it.

That is absolutely accurate