Oh no!! Adelson picks Rutgers... | Syracusefan.com

Oh no!! Adelson picks Rutgers...

690West

Moneyline Master
Rutgers at Syracuse, Saturday, noon, ESPN3. In the highly anticipated showdown between teams vying to be "New York's team" we find two evenly matched teams. Both have had struggles running the ball. Both have had quarterbacks and receivers with solid seasons to date. I give the edge to Rutgers because I think Mohamed Sanu can take advantage against a banged-up Syracuse defense, and the Scarlet Knights defense has played better than the Orange to date. Rutgers 27, Syracuse 24.

And Rutgers has played North Carolina and who else?? It's not apples to apples comparing who has played better.

I would say that us running the ball against Toledo shows that we have a better running game then Rutgers. It's only Toledo but they are still better then rutgers. LOL, the 2 QB's being a wash is a joke too.

I think it's more of a battle for New Jersey than it is for NY. It might just be me but I think SU going to the ACC while the BE being in limbo puts more pressure on Rutgers to keep Jersey kids than it does Syracuse losing any NY kids.

Our defense was lucky not to face Central Carolina. :eek:
Our running game would have gone no where against that unit.:rolleyes:

I like the backhanded 'New Yorks Team' comment she throws in there.

I like the backhanded 'New Yorks Team' comment she throws in there.

Both teams have winning records and the game isn't even close to getting on the major NYC networks so i get where hes coming from.

I expect us to represent the ACC well and beat that team from the shitty Big East.

I can't give her a hard time for that, it's an honest pick and very well could end up happening.

But that response to the mailbag, that pretty much shows why this is hardly a real job. She might as well just be posting here, she just gets to put espn.com somewhere in the link.

I'd hate SU if I were her too, and Pitt. Those 2 schools just made the hardly a real job, even less relevant.

She annoys me.
Toledo is better than any team RU has played. Eric Page is twice the player Sanu is and while we didn't shut him down, we didn't let him go wild hog on us either.
As for the running game, I believe our running game hasn't struggled. If you want to se the definition of a struggling running game, even against shitty teams, watch any of RU"s games so far.
Rutgers 17 Syracuse 31...easy!

This is an example of stats meaning nothing.. Rutgers D looks great against the run.. but take out the sacks and you find out the opposing teams RB's are rushing for 4.5 a carry and they have played no teams with a running qb and still given up 300 yds passing.

This is an example of stats meaning nothing.. Rutgers D looks great against the run.. but take out the sacks and you find out the opposing teams RB's are rushing for 4.5 a carry and they have played no teams with a running qb and still given up 300 yds passing.

Plus they've only played the easiest ****ing schedule in the world. Its a joke. their stats are completely inflated (or defensively, deflated)

Plus they've only played the easiest ****ing schedule in the world. Its a joke. their stats are completely inflated (or defensively, deflated)

Let's not make your schedule out to be a Murderer's Row, either. Wake Forrest doesn't look like anything special and frankly, they were controlling the Cuse game until their QB went out. You struggled with Rhode Island. You lost to a pretty pedestrian (by their standards) USC team which is no better than UNC right now and you struggled with a 1-3 Toledo team.

NC Central = Rhode Island (both 1AA)
Ohio = Todedo (both good MAC teams maybe a slight advantage to Toledo but we'll see how the year progresses)
UNC = USC (don't look at the helmets, look at the results)
Wake Forest > Bye
Neither team should be puffing their chests right now and there is a good reason why this is a pick em.

You do know that Toledo played Boise and Ohio State so maybe that has something to do with having those losses?

NCC =/= URI, NCC has played one full year of D1-AA football

Ohio has also played a pretty miserable schedule, boasting a 3-1 record now, Toledo has done very well for themselves against 1) A BCS N.C. contender in Boise State after wearing down midway through the third 2) coming within 20 yards of beating Ohio State in Columbus 3) Losing in an unfortunately poorly officiated game on the road in the dome. UT has also played on the road in all these games, in very intimidating environments, Ohio has had the comfort of home, save a trip to the worst Division 1A team in the nation, New Mexico State.

UNC/USC are a wash right now. And I know this is, our cupcakes are tougher than yours blah blah blah

NCC =/= URI, NCC has played one full year of D1-AA football

Ohio has also played a pretty miserable schedule, boasting a 3-1 record now, Toledo has done very well for themselves against 1) A BCS N.C. contender in Boise State after wearing down midway through the third 2) coming within 20 yards of beating Ohio State in Columbus 3) Losing in an unfortunately poorly officiated game on the road in the dome. UT has also played on the road in all these games, in very intimidating environments, Ohio has had the comfort of home, save a trip to the worst Division 1A team in the nation, New Mexico State.

UNC/USC are a wash right now. And I know this is, our cupcakes are tougher than yours blah blah blah

URI sucks and so does NCC. If you want to discuss if one sucks more than the other, have at it.

Ohio was 3-0 including a 20 point win at New Mexico State and a 37 point win over Marshall. That makes them a good MAC school, nothing more, nothing less. Toledo was beaten soundly by a very good Boise State team and then hung tough against a depleted Ohio State team who then was smoked the following week by a pretty bad Miami team. I know...transitive property blah, blah, blah, but let's not make a close loss to Ohio State out to be a big win this year. Toledo, like Ohio, is a pretty good MAC school, nothing more, nothing less.

Oh, let's not call New Mexico State the "worst D1 team in the nation", because they beat Minnesota (on the road). By the way, that same abysmal Minnisota team lost by only two points at USC.

Neither team has played a great schedule.

Let's not make your schedule out to be a Murderer's Row, either. Wake Forrest doesn't look like anything special and frankly, they were controlling the Cuse game until their QB went out. You struggled with Rhode Island. You lost to a pretty pedestrian (by their standards) USC team which is no better than UNC right now and you struggled with a 1-3 Toledo team.

NC Central = Rhode Island (both 1AA)
Ohio = Todedo (both good MAC teams maybe a slight advantage to Toledo but we'll see how the year progresses)
UNC = USC (don't look at the helmets, look at the results)
Wake Forest > Bye
Neither team should be puffing their chests right now and there is a good reason why this is a pick em.

Probably a bit off on the USC/ UNC comparison, I think that is a bit of a reach, don't disagree elsewhere. UNC has an interim HC as well. USC played damn well versus SU as well. Not trying to make a huge deal here because overall I wouldn't disagree. I just hate the stupid banter between RU/ and SU fans because neither team is all that good, we are probably pretty evenly matched. SU better coached, RU more talent, IMO, just my opinion. Game could go eitherway. Just as last year we won a close game, I don't think that proves one program is head and shoulders above the other. I just have no idea why internet people are so stupid for the most part, not saying you are AZK, just gets annoying from people like RRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUU

URI sucks and so does NCC. If you want to discuss if one sucks more than the other, have at it.

Ohio was 3-0 including a 20 point win at New Mexico State and a 37 point win over Marshall. That makes them a good MAC school, nothing more, nothing less. Toledo was beaten soundly by a very good Boise State team and then hung tough against a depleted Ohio State team who then was smoked the following week by a pretty bad Miami team. I know...transitive property blah, blah, blah, but let's not make a close loss to Ohio State out to be a big win this year. Toledo, like Ohio, is a pretty good MAC school, nothing more, nothing less.

Oh, let's not call New Mexico State the "worst D1 team in the nation", because they beat Minnesota (on the road). By the way, that same abysmal Minnisota team lost by only two points at USC.

Neither team has played a great schedule.

It isn't a win, but isn't that more telling about a MAC team than a 20pt win over New Mexico State? I'm just saying, the body of work comparatively, looking at both schedules, Syracuse has played a tougher schedule, including an added win vs. a BCS team. Both don't compare to the tougher schedules out there though

While I think we beat that Rutgers, the best part of all is that no matter what, we win in the long run as they flail in the Big East wind with neither the Big Ten or ACC having any interest in them.

Have fun in the MAC, clowns.

Rutgers doesn't just play 1-AA you guys schedule the worst 1-AAs you can find since losing to New Hampshere, while URI sucks they are a lot more competitive than NC Central whatever that is. Toledo(40ish NCAA team) is a better MAC team than Ohio(who are a top 50ish NCAA team, but Toledo played Ohio St down to the wire and were respectable for a half against Boise) Wake Forest is better than Navy or any other OOC game you guys have scheduled. I would concede UNC and USC are somewhat close even though USC has the superior offense and UNC the superior defense, but if SU got 5 turnovers from USC we would have probably won our game.
I also believe these two teams with how banged up SU is and the youth of RU are pretty closely matched up and should be a close game, but Adelson is an awful blogger on ESPN and that is what is drawing her criticism from SU fans.