Oh, Oregon | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Oh, Oregon

We had a 11-point lead against Pitt with less than a minute to go in the Dome ... on 2/29/08. And we lost in regulation. I was "watching" the game on my phone ... and could not believe what was happening.

MBB : CRUSHED: Syracuse blows 11-point lead in waning minutes to lose crucial game

It was a brutal loss, however, it was three minutes plus, not under 1 minute left when SU gave it away.

Directly from the article:

When you lose a game like this, up 11 with three minutes to go, it hurts so bad that you can’t even explain it,’ point guard Jonny Flynn added.

SU built an 11-point advantage in the second half, prompting Pittsburgh head coach Jamie Dixon to call a timeout with 3:47 left.

Even without bol they shouldn't be losing to the teams they are losing to.

We beat them without Bol as well. Kid dominated in his short time playing.

YIKES. I turned this game off with Oregon having a big lead and only a few minutes left. Can't believe they lost that game. UCLA stinks this year. But who cares really?

How do u blow a 9 pt lead with 55 secs left that's nearly impossible. Ugh losing to them and Dan Hurleys misfits is gonna cost us

as it should.

if it takes us 2 mos. into the season to start to play some semblence of decent basketball, that is a problem.

as it should.

if it takes us 2 mos. into the season to start to play some semblence of decent basketball, that is a problem.

It’s not when you realize your pg missed 2 1/2 months of practice and all 3 of your pgs were out for a couple weeks together just before the season started. Injuries are a reason, not an excuse.

Not as bad but BC Big East game from 1982...up 8 under 2 mins to go and did not score the rest of the game...BC scored final 10 points...ouch...
I was there. We had so much trouble getting the ball in bounds.

Not as bad but BC Big East game from 1982...up 8 under 2 mins to go and did not score the rest of the game...BC scored final 10 points...ouch...

Wasn’t that in Providence? I was there. Crushing.

I was there. We had so much trouble getting the ball in bounds.
Yes, after a mediocre season, had the board been in existence back then, it would have been in full meltdown mode to fire JB and cut Rautins...

We turned the ball over something like 5 times in a row including not being able to inbound it and throwing away the inbounds pass a couple of times...

Leo had some ungodly number of turnovers that game...

I was not there. Hartford maybe? 3rd Big East tourney...

Yea, could have been Hartford. Those early days are a blur.

Edit: it was Hartford. Went Providence, Syracuse, Hartford those first 3 sites before MSG.

It’s not when you realize your pg missed 2 1/2 months of practice and all 3 of your pgs were out for a couple weeks together just before the season started. Injuries are a reason, not an excuse.

Since Boeheim said the team has been bad, much worse than they anticipated, and he and the coaches didn't know why, I'm going to go with the coach's assessment rather than your reason. He was obviously expecting better as many of us were and didn't feel injuries were the reason.

Last edited:
Yes, after a mediocre season, had the board been in existence back then, it would have been in full meltdown mode to fire JB and cut Rautins...

We turned the ball over something like 5 times in a row including not being able to inbound it and throwing away the inbounds pass a couple of times...

Leo had some ungodly number of turnovers that game...
That may be THE most bizarre game in SU basketball history.
And that's saying a lot.

SU shot something like 70% from the field and lost.
And Leo...one of the greatest Orange passers ever...had 13 turnovers.
Thir-freakin'-teen!
The team had a total of 27 to's.
That's not a typo.
Twenty-seven turnovers!

Leo turned the ball over a lot, more than any SU player I can think of.

If Dwan Chandler was playing for BC I remember that game, big time collapse at the end.

Since Boeheim said the team has been bad, much worse than they anticipated, and he and the coaches didn't know why, I'm going to go with the coach's assessment rather than your reason. He was obviously expecting better as many of us were and didn't feel injuries were the reason.

He has said several times that franks injury set them back. It’s his assessment.

He has said several times that franks injury set them back. It’s his assessment.

And he's also said the team has been bad and much worse than they anticipated, and he and the coaches didn't know why... so where does the truth lie?

And he's also said the team has been bad and much worse than they anticipated, and he and the coaches didn't know why... so where does the truth lie?

The truth lies with common sense.

a
And he's also said the team has been bad and much worse than they anticipated,
that may have been what you heard, but that is not what he has said

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online