Ohio State QBs: | Syracusefan.com

Ohio State QBs:

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
Can anyone explain why football people are so enamored with Fields and why any team would take an OSU QB so high? That school has never produced a star QB. Mike Tomczak is the best one that I can find.
One could argue that they have no idea about QBs, given that Joe Burrow was never QB1.

Can anyone explain why football people are so enamored with Fields and why any team would take an OSU QB so high? That school has never produced a star QB. Mike Tomczak is the best one that I can find.
One could argue that they have no idea about QBs, given that Joe Burrow was never QB1.
I hope the analysis from the people making these decisions is more advanced than “Ohio State never has good QBs, so he can’t be good.”

I think QB evaluation is one of the tougher things in sports. Recently the highly rated QB's have had the advantage of having really tremendous weapons and usually an O-Line that let's them imitate Kenny Stabler and pose in the backfield. I think QB's at Bama, Ohio St and a couple of other factory schools are tough to assess due to the built in advantages they have (Trevor Lawrence is a good example too).

It goes way back to Johnny Utah's Rose Bowl legendary performance against USC.

Had he not torn his knee up that fateful day he would've likely re-written every NFL passing record.

I hope the analysis from the people making these decisions is more advanced than “Ohio State never has good QBs, so he can’t be good.”
Maybe it should be considered, given history. OSU is so superior in talent to almost everyone they play, that it inflates the QB play, IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom