Ok, after sleeping on this for a night, i am off the ledge... | Syracusefan.com

Ok, after sleeping on this for a night, i am off the ledge...

orangeinjersey

All Conference
We have ...

a new staff
a new system
a new QB who has been here for roughly 60 days

and we played a good PSU team to start the season.

WHat we saw yesterday was probably to be expected. The problem was our lofty summer expectations (ie. McDonald is a recruiting genius, McDonalds offense will be incredible, Allen only sat becuase two guys in front were incredible, that guy is going to be Joe Kane, come here and put up 300 yd passing games etc)

This game was eerily familiar to the Paulus Minnisota game. LOTS of mistakes, could have won the game, but didnt. Lets hope Allen plays better than Paulus to finish the year.

If he plays the way Paulus did we will be fine.

If he plays the way Paulus did we will be fine.

Really? Becuase I remember Paulus being pretty awful, especially that USF game at the dome, everytime he threw I was expecting a pic. Didnt he throw like 4 pics that game??

The problem with the Paulus season, was there truly was no alternative coming from the GRob era. Now if we dont have an alternative after 4 years with Marrone, then well, yeah thats not good.

Really? Becuase I remember Paulus being pretty awful, especially that USF game at the dome, everytime he threw I was expecting a pic. Didnt he throw like 4 pics that game??

The problem with the Paulus season, was there truly was no alternative coming from the GRob era. Now if we dont have an alternative after 4 years with Marrone, then well, yeah thats not good.

Yes, Paulus had a bad game against USF, but he also had his successes and gave that season some hope.

As for alternatives, Marrone did a lot for this program, but candidly he did not have success in recruiting talented QBs (still hoping Hunt is an exception), WRs and TEs. We knew that, right?

I'm going to predict that Nassib's career will have been better than Hunts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulus set SU school records for completion % and total completions for a season.

He was the MVP of the team that year - voted by the coaches.

He did have a poor game against So. Florida - and it's great DL.

But, he also had some great games - UConn - his last game was quite good.

He was a great leader and ran the offense quite well - I would happy for that kind of performance this year.

Paulus set SU school records for completion % and total completions for a season.

He was the MVP of the team that year - voted by the coaches.

He did have a poor game against So. Florida - and it's great DL.

But, he also had some great games - UConn - his last game was quite good.

He was a great leader and ran the offense quite well - I would happy for that kind of performance this year.

Certainly if you compare Paulus to somebody like Troy Nunes, then I think you get a fair sense of how well Paulus did for a less talented team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom