OK all you fund raisers out there | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OK all you fund raisers out there

We could get the players to travel door to door selling wrapping paper and holiday stuff from catalogues!

Top earner gets chocolate!

screw donor money, the medical/rehab facility should be spent on the University's dime. it's a crime it hasn't. those kids are out their risking a lifetime worth of injuries so the school can make money. they deserve the best treatment possibly, and shows how sad it is that this is still an issue.
Anyone know if an upgrade of this type (basically replacing/updating equipment in an existing space) would require donors or could we pay this out of ACC $?

Has Syracuse University ever had a professional, top of the line, fund raising group under contract?

Who are the top folks in that department?

How is Northwestern raising their money?

They are a quarter of the way to their goal of $220 million for facilities.

Dwight Freeney made $19 million this year. Where is his name on this list? Has anyone been in touch with him, or directly asked him.

Between agent fees and taxes, he's out $9-10mil right there. And if anyone "gave at the office" it's the former players.

Has Syracuse University ever had a professional, top of the line, fund raising group under contract?

Who are the top folks in that department?

How is Northwestern raising their money?

They are a quarter of the way to their goal of $220 million for facilities.

Look at Terakeet . Local company who raised an incredible amount of money for Hillary Clinton . Very well respected . Not sure if it would involve the same thig but raising money is raising money.

Between agent fees and taxes, he's out $9-10mil right there. And if anyone "gave at the office" it's the former players.

Huh? "Gave at the office"? What does that even mean?

And yes, between taxes and fees he still made $10 million this year. Cash. What is your point? He can't spare even $100,000 (minimum) to help his alma mater out?

SRC spends their fundraising dollars on programmatic money (forget the SRC Arena at OCC; that wasn't named for any capital gifts from SRC). Additionally, companies that are most likely to donate to a capital campaign at SU would either be companies that are headquartered locally or have a large local presence. SRC fits the bill, but they aren't donating to athletics. What about Carrol's Restaurant Corp?? We could stick it to Louisville's KFC Yum! Center and build the Burger King Have it Your Way Indoor Practice Facility :cool:

I thought the Dome already tried that during the Grob tenure

Good link. Looking it over, no Konrad on the list. His company isn't there either. Gronkowski's fitness store business is listed but not Gronkowski himself. Fuccillo is there but it doesn't look like he's a major donor. Bob Burton is there as a "visionary" donor, so he's still a major contributor. McNabb is also listed as a visionary donor. No Troy Nunes.
We have Fine Mess folks on the list...an exNFLer in the Money Management Biz should be donating.

We have Fine Mess folks on the list...an exNFLer in the Money Management Biz should be donating.

I foresee The Fine Mess Indoor Football and BBQ Facility at SU.

Huh? "Gave at the office"? What does that even mean?

And yes, between taxes and fees he still made $10 million this year. Cash. What is your point? He can't spare even $100,000 (minimum) to help his alma mater out?

My point is that he gave us 4 years and much blood, sweat, and tears. He donated the greatest currency: wins on the field. You seem to have the impression that since he makes a good salary that he owes it to you or your interests. I simply disagree that's all.

My point is that he gave us 4 years and much blood, sweat, and tears. He donated the greatest currency: wins on the field. You seem to have the impression that since he makes a good salary that he owes it to you or your interests. I simply disagree that's all.

That's a very altruistic approach. And one that will get you exactly where we are today - with no facilities, low coaches salaries and a football program that could teeter on the brink of being irrelevant soon if some don't step up.

That's a very altruistic approach. And one that will get you exactly where we are today - with no facilities, low coaches salaries and a football program that could teeter on the brink of being irrelevant soon if some don't step up.

Yeah that could be, but denigrating the program's outstanding alumni for not donating isn't a positive marketing strategy. Probably doesn't entice future players either.

Yeah that could be, but denigrating the program's outstanding alumni for not donating isn't a positive marketing strategy. Probably doesn't entice future players either.

Never once did I say Freeney was a bad guy. And honestly it's his money, he can do with it as he pleases. I simply asked if he had ever been specifically and straight forwardly asked for a donation back to the program that gave him his start, and a place where he still comes to visit frequently to work with University strength coaches.

My guess is that he has not been, or the tact was not there when it was asked.