Ok... Enough foul talk.. How far do we drop? | Syracusefan.com

Ok... Enough foul talk.. How far do we drop?

jvbj01

All Conference
Tomorrow's rankings will be very interesting. With Virginia continuing to win, North Carolina on a roll and Duke 1-1 last week, things are going to tighten up a bit.

I would say somewhere between 5-8.

4-5. Bigger problem is getting in right mindset for quick turn around game Monday. The more time goes by, the more upset I am about yesterday.

I don't even care anymore. Ranking is meaningless

I'm interested because the ranking gives a pretty good indication how we will be seeded. The more I think about it, there should be no reason we drop out of the top 5. We only have 2 losses.

I say 5 as well. However that loss to BC is just a horrible loss, so I wouldn't be surprised if we dropped a few spots further even. As nice as it is to be able to pump our chest's about be the top ranked team, it really is irrelevant right now. We're still in a position to where we can win some games, have a good ACC tournament and play our way back into a 1 seed. That's obviously what's more important here. As much as losing last night sucked, I'm not nearly as bothered by it as the BC loss.

Hopefully this entire week woke this team up a bit and ignited a fire. Hopefully we don't see the lazy 35 minutes of basketball against bad teams for the rest of the year that we have seen as of late. Hopefully we learn from this!

I'm interested because the ranking gives a pretty good indication how we will be seeded. The more I think about it, there should be no reason we drop out of the top 5. We only have 2 losses.

We still have the #1 in the east. Need to win some games to keep it. Most importantly VA

He's right. The rankings are meaningless. Lots of work left to do before Selection Sunday starting with Monday @Maryland. The polls don't matter.

Florida
Wichita
Arizona
Duke
Syracuse

It's okay...I'm over that "game ending BS"...onto Maryland. LGO!

Duke in the top 5 is just comical - they were ranked 5 before - then they lost to UNC and beat us and Maryland in the fashion they won - i've seen enough of Duke - they are a good team at best - they are also soft - Jefferson and Plumlee are the weakest goats I can ever recall seeing in a NCAA game

We still have the #1 in the east. Need to win some games to keep it. Most importantly VA

I agree. Both games are important. Hopefully, we can win the next two and go into the ACC tournament playing solid ball.

Duke in the top 5 is just comical - they were ranked 5 before - then they lost to UNC and beat us and Maryland in the fashion they won - i've seen enough of Duke - they are a good team at best - they are also soft - Jefferson and Plumlee are the weakest goats I can ever recall seeing in a NCAA game

They took us into OT at home and escaped with a win at home. I wouldn't call them soft.

Lunardi stated Cuse is still the #1 Seed in East. Duke has 4 more losses than us. The fact that they are even ranked higher than Kansas with same amount of losses is laughable. That with the aid to beat Maryland and Cuse, Duke should be #10 at best. Cuse should be no higher than #3 and no lower than #5

5 at the lowest as #6 got blown out by new Mexico last night and #7 lost to Louisville. 4 or 5 is my guess with it being really close between us and duke. If you combine stats between games 1 and 2 we are basically tied across the board minus the double tech on jimmy

Lunardi stated Cuse is still the #1 Seed in East. Duke has 4 more losses than us. The fact that they are even ranked higher than Kansas with same amount of losses is laughable. That with the aid to beat Maryland and Cuse, Duke should be #10 at best. Cuse should be no higher than #3 and no lower than #5

Palm also still has us #1 seed in the east - opening in Buffalo against VERMONT.

If a six loss Duke team that also lost this week jumps us because they beat us on a questionably officiated game at Cameron, that would p i s s me off exponentially more than Saturday's screw job. No lower than 4th

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom