OK Here if we go if we win the toss? (no deferring) | Syracusefan.com

OK Here if we go if we win the toss? (no deferring)

CaliCuse

All American
Doug tells the team before seeing the field we are going for their hides early If we win the toss we go for a big play and get the crowd into the game. That means not slamming Antwon into the center of the line for the first play. It means like the Pinstripe bow its a slant for Lemon and let the kid do his thing. Gotta grab Mo and not let go Get the 40K+ crowd get into the decibel thing Lots of noise when the mountain boys are on defense. They can do this. They just have to be up and ready to make a statement early Get the ball and do something Doug and Nat along with Ryan Chewy and Alec.;)

Doug tells the team before seeing the field we are going for their hides early If we win the toss we go for a big play and get the crowd into the game. That means not slamming Antwon into the center of the line for the first play. It means like the Pinstripe bow its a slant for Lemon and let the kid do his thing. Gotta grab Mo and not let go Get the 40K+ crowd get into the decibel thing Lots of noise when the mountain boys are on defense. They can do this. They just have to be up and ready to make a statement early Get the ball and do something Doug and Nat along with Ryan Chewy and Alec.;)

I hope we defer and most coaches do. As to the noise when the mountain boys are on defense, i'm betting nassib hopes it's loud at all.

Let's just hope the play calling isn't similar to what you'd see from a 7 year old playing Madden

I hope we defer and most coaches do. As to the noise when the mountain boys are on defense, i'm betting nassib hopes it's loud at all.
Deferring is admitting you are going to be behind and want to repaint the game plan. It has its place sometimes but not all the time as Doug seems so adamant in doing. You/the coach,must show confidence in the team and the offense. When you defer its saying I don't have faith indoor production and I hope the defense can get us some field position. You can't always wait for halftime to rip them a new one or make adjustments.;)

Call the play from Penn State-Syracuse in 1987. McPherson to Moore circa 2011 Nassib to Chew.

Deferring is admitting you are going to be behind and want to repaint the game plan.

Actually it's not.

BTW, I missed a word in my other response to you about the noise. Nassib does NOT want noise when WVU is on defense.

Call the play from Penn State-Syracuse in 1987. McPherson to Moore circa 2011 Nassib to Chew.

Will the DB fall down?

Will the DB fall down?
I have only seen the highlights of that game I was too young to know to that the DB fell down. I saw bits of that game on TWC when I was student at SU, but didn't remember that. If the DB did fall down it would make it easier for Nassib to complete the pass, but if we win the toss I would take the ball if we are going to win this game we are going to need to play from ahead and keep the crowd in it.

I have only seen the highlights of that game I was too young to know to that the DB fell down. I saw bits of that game on TWC when I was student at SU, but didn't remember that. If the DB did fall down it would make it easier for Nassib to complete the pass, but if we win the toss I would take the ball if we are going to win this game we are going to need to play from ahead and keep the crowd in it.

Yea, the DB fell down. I think the ref did too. They all got faked out of their jocks.

In 87 i watched practice that week prior to the game. we practiced that play all week and the minute i saw Moore on the field i knew what was coming. It has to be the best moment out of many that i have witnessed on the Hill. Great call and great pass and catch. Would love to see us take a shot or two this game play balls out and go for the win as i think we can score on these guys if we play to win

Moore forgot to go out onto the field. The coaches had to shove him out there with the play clock winding down and he was spread out to the wide side of the field opposite the SU bench. Just beat the play clock.

Moore forgot to go out onto the field. The coaches had to shove him out there with the play clock winding down and he was spread out to the wide side of the field opposite the SU bench. Just beat the play clock.
I remember that before the first play of the game they showed a closeup of Donnie Mc on the field yelling "ROBERT, ROBERT" to the SU sideline so clearly you could read his lips. Moore was almost late for his date with destiny!

I'm with Cali. I used to think the smart play was to defer. Now I think you want to start with the ball and take the lead and force the opponent to play from behind ASAP.

I'm with Cali. I used to think the smart play was to defer. Now I think you want to start with the ball and take the lead and force the opponent to play from behind ASAP.
Bad idea. We're 4-0 when the opponent scores first this year and 0-2 when we score first. We must allow WVU to get the first points in this game, it's the only way to win. *NumbersNeverLie ;)

Bad idea. We're 4-0 when the opponent scores first this year and 0-2 when we score first. We must allow WVU to get the first points in this game, it's the only way to win. *NumbersNeverLie ;)
Small sample size. :)

That's pretty crazy though.

I hope our first play from scrimmage is an extra point after a Kobena KR TD.

And in 1987, it wouldn't have mattered if the DB hadn't fallen down. There was no way he was going to keep up with Moore, who had just blown right by him.

24 years later and I can't think about that game without getting goose bumps. I have never been so pumped up for a game like all of the students were. You couldn't have scripted a better first play for that game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom