OK, here's the poop | Syracusefan.com

OK, here's the poop

DonLightfoot

All Conference
Duke is probably the hottest team in the Country right now, they will be reigning 3's down on us and are favoured by about 4 (should be more). However, there should be close to 30K in the dome to hopefully give us some energy.

WE GOT THIS ONE SUball

I'd feel a lot better about the game if we had your avatar in the lineup.

Really, Leo wasn't a point guard. Our major issue by far this year is not having a point guard who can create and/or penetrate into the lane consistently...and/or finish.

I think we have to not let up the gas in this game. They are definitely going to be bombing away threes...no lead will be save

Really, Leo wasn't a point guard. Our major issue by far this year is not having a point guard who can create and/or penetrate into the lane consistently...and/or finish.
Spotty defense and weak offensive and defensive rebounding have been the main problems, not the offense.

Spotty defense and weak offensive and defensive rebounding have been the main problems, not the offense.

Sometimes more than one thing can be true.

Our rankings on offensive and defensive efficiency bear out your point.

But to have watched this team all year and think we don't have a problem at PG...

I agree our defense has been horrid, especially on the road. However, I still maintain the opinion that our point guard play has been relatively abysmal and inconsistent, and is arguably the larger issue.

On Sunday night against Tech, we did not score the last minute and a half in the first half and we remained stuck on 32 in the 2nd half for the first five minutes or so. At the 10 minute mark of the second half, we had 38 points and were down 49-38. 6 points in approx. 11 and a half minutes (1st half carryover). With 3:49 left in the game, the score was 58-45. So, in a little over 17 minutes of game time (again, carrying over from first half) we managed to score a whopping 13 points.

Our defense was good enough to win, it was our offense that was the most hindering. The Tech game was just one of several in which our offense has been darn right offensive.

Duke is probably the hottest team in the Country right now, they will be reigning 3's down on us and are favoured by about 4 (should be more). However, there should be close to 30K in the dome to hopefully give us some energy.

WE GOT THIS ONE SUball
Duke has also beat two teams at home by 2 pts each. And they weren't top of the league teams either.

Our defense was good enough to win, it was our offense that was the most hindering. The Tech game was just one of several in which our offense has been darn right offensive.
Yes, and the Orange even outrebounded Tech.
But we had 15 MORE SHOTS from THE FIELD than they did!!!
Shots: 25-70 35.7%
3-Pointers: 8-30 26.7%
FT's: 7-12 58.3%

Gillon and Lydon had awful shooting games.

Those are losing numbers unless you're playing GREAT defense.
And we still let GT shoot 47% from the field.

But back to Leo Rautins.
May be the most well-rounded skill player SU ever had.
I would be thrilled to have him playing point guard tonight (instead of point forward).

I agree our defense has been horrid, especially on the road. However, I still maintain the opinion that our point guard play has been relatively abysmal and inconsistent, and is arguably the larger issue.

On Sunday night against Tech, we did not score the last minute and a half in the first half and we remained stuck on 32 in the 2nd half for the first five minutes or so. At the 10 minute mark of the second half, we had 38 points and were down 49-38. 6 points in approx. 11 and a half minutes (1st half carryover). With 3:49 left in the game, the score was 58-45. So, in a little over 17 minutes of game time (again, carrying over from first half) we managed to score a whopping 13 points.

I would also say that Georgia Tech has an incredible defense and a horrendous offense; that may have had something to do with our defense looking good and the offense not so hot.

I clicked on this thread just cuz it said 'poop'

poop.jpg

Sometimes more than one thing can be true.

Our rankings on offensive and defensive efficiency bear out your point.

But to have watched this team all year and think we don't have a problem at PG...
offensively, Gillon's game has been acceptable as a PG. Sure, he has had bad games, but overall he's been OK. The problem is on the defensive end, where he is just about the worst PG we've had since I've been watching the team.

image.jpg

WE GOT THIS ONE SUball

Pencil Roberson in for 20 rebounds. Pencil.
C'mon, show some confidence - use a pen :)

I'll "pen" him in for at least 10. Of course, this is all irrelevant if he doesn't get on the court :crazy:

I would also say that Georgia Tech has an incredible defense and a horrendous offense; that may have had something to do with our defense looking good and the offense not so hot.

Incredible defense, I don't know if I'd go that far...solid, yes. I never said that our defense 'looked' good, I said it was good enough to win. This of course is just my opinion. As is the opinion I have that our guards were clueless in both recognizing and attacking their gimmicky match up D. Now, I guess an argument can me made that our coaching staff did a poor job in preparing them over that 6 day period leading up to the game, although, I fall back to my view that it's generally our overall inconsistent and bad guard play that is the major cog.

Incredible defense, I don't know if I'd go that far...solid, yes. I never said that our defense 'looked' good, I said it was good enough to win. This of course is just my opinion. As is the opinion I have that our guards were clueless in both recognizing and attacking their gimmicky match up D. Now, I guess an argument can me made that our coaching staff did a poor job in preparing them over that 6 day period leading up to the game, although, I fall back to my view that it's generally our overall inconsistent and bad guard play that is the major cog.

Gtech is 9th in the country in defense; pretty damn good

Do I have to say it?

I will have some poop sauce with my crow (refer to my Gillon thread) Popcorn and soda

Impossible odds. No chance of success. What were we waiting for, it's in the bag!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom