Ok I’m Feeling OLD | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ok I’m Feeling OLD

I don't think some of these artists are even on their radar. It should have happened long before now, so I hold out little hope of seeing it happen myself.
My understanding is that the people in the Hall get to vote. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Kraftwerk finally got in after Depeche Mode got in.

My understanding is that the people in the Hall get to vote. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Kraftwerk finally got in after Depeche Mode got in.
I'm not sure about how their process works, but I do know they incorporate a fan vote in some way because each year I futilely cast votes for artists I know probably won't make it through.

And today Barry, Morris and Robin …….. but where’s Andy?

The Bee Gees!!! It got me looking for my LPs……..but wait, what did I do with my record player?

Beats the old days when PBS music was all about Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops.

....but at least I found my Husker Du

Attachments

• Husker Du.jpg
    Husker Du.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
And today Barry, Morris and Robin …….. but where’s Andy?

The Bee Gees!!! It got me looking for my LPs……..but wait, what did I do with my record player?

Beats the old days when PBS music was all about Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops.

...but at least I found my Husker Du
Maurice

Flipping through the channels tonight (can you even do that anymore) and I saw that PBS had a double shot of great Rock & Roll on James Taylor and Carole King on.

First I did a double take….that can’t be PBS, it must have been MTV or at least VH-1, but no the Rock and Rollers of my younger days were on PBS!!

And then to make matters worse I put google to work and realized James Taylor is 76 years old and Carole King is 82!?! When did that happen???

I'm tired of getting news flashes that someone else who is about my age has died.

I'm tired of getting news flashes that someone else who is about my age has died.
For me it’s people who are younger than my 75 year old parents.

PBS ran a 2 hour special last night called LEGENDS OF THE CANYON .
(The emergence of rock music as it spawned in Laurel Canyon california.)
showcased the transformation of folk music to fock rock (mostly interviewing CSN neil didn't participate )
and the hollywood music scene forming in the clubs of the late sixties . lots of great old footage and music.

Legends of the Canyon | PBS

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom