Ok it's been 30 minutes... | Syracusefan.com

Ok it's been 30 minutes...

BostonOrange

2nd String
...so I can start complaining...

- MCW...for 35 minutes he played a competent floor game filling his role as a pass first PG. The last 10 minutes were, really, probably the worst 10 minutes of basketball anyone has ever played at any level. His shots didn't even hit the rim. His decisions were just horrendous. He dribbled the ball off his foot. He threw it into the stands. I am among his biggest supporters but that was scary bad.
- We are seeing what happens when CJ is asked to do more. He is an excellent complementary player but when he's asked to create his own offense he struggles a bit
- To all of them save Ray Allen Keita - make your free throws
- Rak - shake it off man...you were a disaster tonight but we need you.

We played like crap at end of regulation and most of overtime. But we won. It's a miracle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CJ let the moment get the best of him I think. Pushed too hard against the best player on the floor who we corraled tonight, but he certainly ended it well with that monster dunk and the steal to seal it.

MCW is like the veritable box of chocolates!

You can be almost certain that his shot will not go in. I've never seen anyone who has such a nack not to score.

30 minutes ? i'll call a doctor if this erection lasts more than 4 hours.

- MCW...blah, blah, blah, The last 10 minutes were, really, probably the worst 10 minutes of basketball anyone has ever played at any level...more words...I am among his biggest supporters but that was scary bad.
Somehow I highly doubt this. Can we just let it rest for one f*ing night and enjoy a great win?

Somehow I highly doubt this. Can we just let it rest for one f*ing night and enjoy a great win?
I am enjoying it. One way to enjoy it is to discuss the game, it's pluses and minuses, with other fans.

I am enjoying it. One way to enjoy it is to discuss the game, it's pluses and minuses, with other fans.
In your own words, your complaining. IMHO there is nothing to complain about after a win like this. If you want to focus on the negative, knock yourself out. But I really feel like this is a win to savor and not spend a lot of time deconstructing. Survive and advance, and remember, MCW and Fair were integral parts in forcing the turnover that sealed the game.

You can be almost certain that his shot will not go in. I've never seen anyone who has such a nack not to score.

The weird thing is that he has offensive talent. He just gets waaaaaay too excited sometimes - there is no way a player of his talent should be missing the rim entirely and dribbling the ball off his foot. Right now he is having a hard time handling the moment. Really his single best thing right now might be rebounding - he gives us a lot on the glass for a pg.

In your own words, your complaining. IMHO there is nothing to complain about after a win like this. If you want to focus on the negative, knock yourself out. But I really feel like this is a win to savor and not spend a lot of time deconstructing.
I don't think i'm going to let you in.

There's a black magic that supports your feelings of (un)certainty. Only I know the secret and will not reveal it.

OK, it's statistics.

- MCW...for 35 minutes he played a competent floor game filling his role as a pass first PG. The last 10 minutes were, really, probably the worst 10 minutes of basketball anyone has ever played at any level. His shots didn't even hit the rim. His decisions were just horrendous. He dribbled the ball off his foot. He threw it into the stands. I am among his biggest supporters but that was scary bad.
- We are seeing what happens when CJ is asked to do more. He is an excellent complementary player but when he's asked to create his own offense he struggles a bit
- To all of them save Ray Allen Keita - make your free throws
- Rak - shake it off man...you were a disaster tonight but we need you.

MCW truly is a bipolar player. It's mind boggling. How can somebody be so good, then so bad.

Fair, this is a couple bad games in a row. He has got to turn things around.

Southy disappeared in the 2nd half completely.

This win was utterly amazing. But it was won on emotion, pluck, and grit. That won't carry us through 6 games in the NCAAs. We need to start doing the basic stuff well.

MCW truly is a bipolar player. It's mind boggling. How can somebody be so good, then so bad.

Fair, this is a couple bad games in a row. He has got to turn things around.

Southy disappeared in the 2nd half completely.

This win was utterly amazing. But it was won on emotion, pluck, and grit. That won't carry us through 6 games in the NCAAs. We need to start doing the basic stuff well.
One positive...in addition to the obvious fing of gtown...is that really good teams tend to have different guys step up on a nightly basis...tonight we had two guys who have basically given us nothing offensively step up and give us 23 points. maybe that will be a trend

Perfect definition of MCW is that he is an adventure... Either something absolutely aweesome happens, or something where u want to throw ur remote happens

I like that...an "adventure". That's a good definition.

But I've also heard another one that I think applys well...in some places people call it ("it" meaning extremely uneven play, where a player has moments/stretches of brilliance, which can often be followed by moments/stretches of frustration/basketball where you question what they were even thinking) being a "Sophomore" or "First time starter".

And in many cases this extreme uneven play can be magnified when the "Sophomore" or "First time starter" plays the point guard position. Something about being tasked with running the entire offense & having all the responsibility that comes with it that can tend to lead to such behavior.

As long as we are complaining...
- JB needs to continue to rotate his guards in the second half like he does in the first... not one of them is so good that they have to play 40 minutes a game
- CJ has gotten dominated on offense by two players equally as athletic as him and now he's pressing... the good news is that there aren't that many of those dudes in college hoops the bad news is that NBA scouts are watching these games
- I semi-jokingly started a thread calling CJ the newest black hole in the milky way... tonight I am a bit more serious, with the amount of attention he is drawing in the middle we should have a baseline cutter he can look to pass to wide open but CJ very rarely ever looks to pass he'd rather go one on three
- We need to find a way to get James open when teams are face guarding him... he needs to start posting up inside and using the fact that he has a smaller guy chasing him around. Note to James you are allowed to shoot inside the three point line
- When CJ is playing that poorly I'd love to see more of Grant who is a better inside player and has also shown the ability to drive
- Refs suck... don't know how you let all that crap go and start calling touch fouls last minute of the game... they've got it backwards... you call it tight the whole game and let it go in the last minute
- I love the double screen up top but you have to keep passing it to Keita when he is wide open on the dive to the hoop... I don't care if he fumbles it two times out of 10... the other eight will either be a foul or a bucket

As long as we are complaining...
- JB needs to continue to rotate his guards in the second half like he does in the first... not one of them is so good that they have to play 40 minutes a game
- CJ has gotten dominated on offense by two players equally as athletic as him and now he's pressing... the good news is that there aren't that many of those dudes in college hoops the bad news is that NBA scouts are watching these games
- I semi-jokingly started a thread calling CJ the newest black hole in the milky way... tonight I am a bit more serious, with the amount of attention he is drawing in the middle we should have a baseline cutter he can look to pass to wide open but CJ very rarely ever looks to pass he'd rather go one on three
- We need to find a way to get James open when teams are face guarding him... he needs to start posting up inside and using the fact that he has a smaller guy chasing him around. Note to James you are allowed to shoot inside the three point line
- When CJ is playing that poorly I'd love to see more of Grant who is a better inside player and has also shown the ability to drive
- Refs suck... don't know how you let all that crap go and start calling touch fouls last minute of the game... they've got it backwards... you call it tight the whole game and let it go in the last minute
- I love the double screen up top but you have to keep passing it to Keita when he is wide open on the dive to the hoop... I don't care if he fumbles it two times out of 10... the other eight will either be a foul or a bucket

You always seem to have a problem with CJ. Where would we be without him? WE WON THE GAME and he didn't play well. Been waiting like a clock ticking to bash, at least wait until we lose to blame him.

Perfect definition of MCW is that he is an adventure... Either something absolutely aweesome happens, or something where u want to throw ur remote happens

He was like this last year, as well. When he was making successful but difficult passes, they were always a hair away from being disasters.

Even though we've all remarked on how he gets into trouble when jumping to make passes, i hadn't paid as much attention to that as i did today. He actually jumps to make passes more than not. He does it, often, for no reason at all. It's like a baseball hitter with a hitch in his swing. Makes everything look a bit more dramatic, but there's that trouble factor.

There were a lot of boneheaded plays today. A win makes them all just part of the fabric of the experience. But, i swear, every Georgetown game takes one year off my life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom