Ok it's been 30 minutes... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ok it's been 30 minutes...

I am enjoying it. One way to enjoy it is to discuss the game, it's pluses and minuses, with other fans.

Don't you know that certain posters can't handle discussing any negative issues after a win? I wonder how many actually read SWC's brilliant 'The Downside' posts.

This team has showed LOTS of toughness, heart, and grit the past couple of games. Some serious competing that we haven't seen in a long time, frankly.

My only nitpicking is what was mentioned earlier. MCW is playing well generally but some of these late game meltdowns are crazy. 12 turnovers the last two games.

Bring on Louisville! I almost think they will be easier to play than Georgetown. Hopefully we have enough energy to compete on the boards. Looking forward to Siva being a non-factor again. LGO!

My god some of you are miserable.
I thought we had enough different boards but maybe we need more. One to talk about how great it is to win and another to share analysis of what happened. I would have thought you could do both on one board but my bad.

As long as we are complaining...
- JB needs to continue to rotate his guards in the second half like he does in the first... not one of them is so good that they have to play 40 minutes a game
- CJ has gotten dominated on offense by two players equally as athletic as him and now he's pressing... the good news is that there aren't that many of those dudes in college hoops the bad news is that NBA scouts are watching these games
- I semi-jokingly started a thread calling CJ the newest black hole in the milky way... tonight I am a bit more serious, with the amount of attention he is drawing in the middle we should have a baseline cutter he can look to pass to wide open but CJ very rarely ever looks to pass he'd rather go one on three
- We need to find a way to get James open when teams are face guarding him... he needs to start posting up inside and using the fact that he has a smaller guy chasing him around. Note to James you are allowed to shoot inside the three point line
- When CJ is playing that poorly I'd love to see more of Grant who is a better inside player and has also shown the ability to drive
- Refs suck... don't know how you let all that crap go and start calling touch fouls last minute of the game... they've got it backwards... you call it tight the whole game and let it go in the last minute
- I love the double screen up top but you have to keep passing it to Keita when he is wide open on the dive to the hoop... I don't care if he fumbles it two times out of 10... the other eight will either be a foul or a bucket
It's surprising after 30+ games but everyone is still feeling out their roles including CJ. Because our guards spent most of the season chucking, CJ has relatively little experience with some of the situations he's been facing. He should have been getting enough touches so that he's tried every possible scenario numerous times by now: passing low, kicking out, backing down, getting the ball at the 3-point line, at the foul line, down low, but the fact is, he hasn't had enough opportunities. The bad shot he took in regulation was a case of him getting the ball in a spot and situation that he's never gotten it before. Heck of a time to have a new experience and a chance to experiment.

Heck, even Carmelo had to go through each situation once before he knew what to do. Every time out, teams threw different defenses at him and he didn't necessarily do well the first time. The second time it happened, he kicked their ass. CJ hasn't had the benefit of being in the variety of situations.

I suppose it's a downside to JB's approach. Letting players do what they do can work but it leads to MCW and BT taking a lot of shots while your best player isn't getting an opportunity to develop the way he could.

I thought we had enough different boards but maybe we need more. One to talk about how great it is to win and another to share analysis of what happened. I would have thought you could do both on one board but my bad.

This is a great idea. :)

The 'post this way crowd' is in full effect, attempting to shout down any independent analysis.

Are we a board of independent thinkers, or the public relations extension of SU?

Hard to tell sometimes.

MCW truly is a bipolar player. It's mind boggling. How can somebody be so good, then so bad.

Fair, this is a couple bad games in a row. He has got to turn things around.

Southy disappeared in the 2nd half completely.

This win was utterly amazing. But it was won on emotion, pluck, and grit. That won't carry us through 6 games in the NCAAs. We need to start doing the basic stuff well.

There was more pressure and meaning rolled into this game than they will play all year. That they got through it, with their mistakes, is going to help down the road. And it's going to have to, because no way they keep shooting like this for 7 more games.

There was more pressure and meaning rolled into this game than they will play all year. That they got through it, with their mistakes, is going to help down the road. And it's going to have to, because no way they keep shooting like this for 7 more games.

I hope so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom