ok its time for the start of the yeas and the nays | Syracusefan.com

ok its time for the start of the yeas and the nays

Don

2nd String
simple : 1000 yard rusher this year yea or Nay?

No 1000 yarder. Unless injuries hit.
I see potentially three 500 yard RBs: Strickland, Neal, and Howard. I don't know what to expect from Pierre, but I'm hopeful.

I'm hoping Dungey's totals are way down because his RBs are so effective and his pass lanes open. I'd like him to be just an occasional mad scrambler with a few QB runs called.
I would agree with wanting that, I just don’t see him adjusting his style.

Neal can do it if he has gotten stronger, which he should have.

No 1000 yarder. Unless injuries hit.
I see potentially three 500 yard RBs: Strickland, Neal, and Howard. I don't know what to expect from Pierre, but I'm hopeful.
Howard? Sheesh

Do we have 5500 yards of offense? Do we have a 1000 yard receiver?

I say nah to both

Rob Konrad can outswim sharks...none of our backs can do that. The last back we had that could outswim sharks was Rob Konrad...think about that!
giphy.gif

Howard? Sheesh
Have you seen Howard's film? If he executes his assignments and learns the playbook (and doesn't fumble on his first carry) he can do it I'm telling ya.

That's about 85 yards/game - 20 carries/game could get a back to that number. If we continue hitting 75+ plays/game then 20 carries for one back isn't out of the question. I assume we run more when ahead? So if we get a winning record I see a 1,000 yard back in a seasoned, healthy Strickland.

I'm a per carry guy so: Strick 4.8 and Moe 5.8. Also, love for ED to have a high YPC as well. Means few sacks and more positive yardage.

Dungey will pass and run for 2000 each

That seems ambitious. First of all, if Dungey is rushing that much, I'll believe it when I see it that he can stay healthy. And Pat White is the career rushing leader for a QB with 4400 yards. Guess I'm not sure Eric can average 166 yards rushing per game and accumulate almost half of that in one season even in our offense. Not trying to be negative. I like Eric but just not sure those rushing numbers are quite realistic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom