OK- I've preached patience long enough... | Syracusefan.com

OK- I've preached patience long enough...

DoctorBombay

Hall of Fame
When folks were crying foul after 2-3 games, I preached patience.
Purposely stayed off the board and immersed myself in the football board as we finished off a stellar season.
That being said...now its time to start asking some serious, serious questions, IMO.
The offense was unwatchable. The effort seemed middling. The team...just flat out atrocious
I still expect to have a good season, but this..."good 4 one game, great 4 one half, pathetic Jekyll-n-Hyde" act, cannot continue.
Not sure what the answers are...but JB has work to do!.

Last edited:
GT is a pretty good defensive team.
And they figured out how to attack the Orange defense in the second half.
But when you do nothing to attack their zone and just hoist up 3's you're capitulating and making it easier for them.

It can't go on because SU hasn't even played the top ACC teams yet.
The way things look now, Coach Boeheim may be headed to his first losing season in his 43 years.

We’ve got posters who have historically been heavy heavy defenders now creeping towards the other side of the fence, so to speak.
Not to brag but I was also ahead of the curve on the Scott Shafer was in over his head as HC but people eventually caught on.
Padding myself on the back because I get plenty wrong.

Not to brag but I was also ahead of the curve on the Scott Shafer was in over his head as HC but people eventually caught on.
Padding myself on the back because I get plenty wrong.
tenor.gif

For whatever reason, this group of players cannot get themselves up for games against “lesser” opponents and they have no interest in dealing with above average defensive teams.

We’ve got posters who have historically been heavy heavy defenders now creeping towards the other side of the fence, so to speak.
Cracks me up that Franco, orangecuse and hakattack liked this because literally thought of them when I read other side of the fence and looked down and there they were staring at me from the other side of the fence

We have a bunch of 1 dimensional scorers. They cant shoot and drive to the hoop and score in the same game. It’s either or or not even one facet. Add no leadership on the floor and its a recipe for disaster. That’s just a few of the major flaws.

no ball movement.
no spacing.
never post up
never ball reverse.
its just high ball screen and hope.

people act like shots going in or not is luck. It's not. 20 foot open shot that you moved the D around to obtain is a totally different animal than a 20 foot contested shot you take because the clock is down to 1 seconds. Im not sure if it's our shooters that are just that bad, or they just get bad shots

For whatever reason, this group of players cannot get themselves up for games against “lesser” opponents and they have no interest in dealing with above average defensive teams.
it is simple really: they aren't getting onto any nba mock draft boards no matter what happens vs georgie tach.

duke? that's another issue. everything for guys like battle, brissett howard etc comes down to how they show against the "big boys"...i expect them to battle super hard and lose late vs duke...

might be tough for die-hard fans to swallow - but it is just psychology.

true champions don't need external rewards to be motivated though - this type of loss shows me that the team has a low-ceiling this year...and the pre-season notions of a title caliber team should be completely up in smoke.

they aren't hungry enough - something's off. too many one-dimensional players/holes in the roster - despite a lot of talent.

maybe maybe if they can get it together and pull some magic vs the likes of duke, uva, unc etc - they could still make a great season - but based on what has transpired so far - it's looking astronomical.