ok lets play that you are the AD and you have 1.5 m per year to hire a coach who? | Syracusefan.com

ok lets play that you are the AD and you have 1.5 m per year to hire a coach who?

kcsu

Living Legend
Ok everyone is now the AD of Syracuse. Doug has two years to go on his contract and you have been given a budget of 1.5m 5year deal to hire a head coach. What do you do going into 12?

Ok everyone is now the AD of Syracuse. Doug has two years to go on his contract and you have been given a budget of 1.5m 5year deal to hire a head coach. What do you do going into 12?

Jesus, give it a rest.

I'd invest that money into intensive therapy for the horribly fractured locker room you write so much about.

;)

silly, not gonna happen

Seriously, enough already.
Go are you so insecure that you cant just say i would give Doug a 5 year extension. Come on it is like picking a game. This isnt life and death. Ok i will give you my pick. If i had to decide today i would give Doug the extension. Surprised?

I'll play.

Doug's gone. They hire me as head coach. For my assistants I hire Millhouse, GoSU96, and Cuseman. Millhouse installs the air raid, Go can do whatever he wants with the defense so long as he supports me through thick and thin as the head coach/Syracuse local boy made good/dude with 15 SUPA credits on my undergrad transcript, Cuseman has to make the specials better, but I hope he knows I'll probably override his calls and decide to go for it on 4th a lot and try for a bunch of onsides and completely bring special teams out of the dark ages, but it will make him look good so it's a good move for him. We each make $200k. Hicks is out as trainer. Mantonio is in and makes a cool $100k. Mr. Excitement is out. Kenny's Two Pennies is in. He works for free. By my count, I have $600,000 left.

I'm going to take that $ and acquire the finest talent in the northeast that money can buy, either in players that fit the air raid or in better looking cheerleaders. Either way, the Dome gets filled, producing more $$$ for the program, better national exposure, more donor dollars, etc. At some point the NCAA will crack down on me - I'll be shamed, but football will be fun for a while, and everyone agrees it was totally worth it. The program quickly recovers from one season of lost bowl eligibility and a reduction of 5 scholarships for two seasons.

He is one of those guys who I say oh, its just you, enough said. See ya

He is one of those guys who I say oh, its just you, enough said. See ya
So far only Dougsters have replied but im the only vote for Doug. Interesting

Three words: Reanimated Vince Lombardi.
Three words: Reanimated Vince Lombardi.
Ok here is a true Lombardi story told to me by Tommy Joe who Vince always wanted to date his daughter He loved Tommy and Tommy Joe ran our elevator in Tx for years and loved vince. So here we go. One day Lombardi comes into the locker room after Paul H has been caught doing something by the press. Lombardi calls the team together and says"Boys as you all know the press is going to be asking some questions. Now being packers i want you to make sure that whatever you do you tell them the truth" With that Lombardi than says
" Men now here is the truth"

I think outside the box a bit. Want to really stir things up at the World Wide Leader ... generate some serious heat? How about OJ? What's he up to these days anyway? And, just to hearken back to the good ol' days, I'd flip Shafer to offensive coordinator and Hackett to defensive coordinator.

Re-up him. And see if he will give up 250K to distribute among the assistants (bet he would).

You have made your position on DM abundantly clear. No need to make a post every day reminding us.

You have made your position on DM abundantly clear. No need to make a post every day reminding us.
Thanks Tom who would be your choice at this point?

How about Shafer as the HC and Friedgen as OC/ Associate HC. DC to be the best qualified recruiter that Shafer can find out there. I don't really care who the assistants are but how about hiring a few difference makers on the recruiting side. I think Shafer is a smart man and really understands the college game and has the personality to be a head guy. Or you just go out and hire the best HC at a lesser program with solid northeast ties.

Defense is OK. Recruiting and offense is needs HUGE imnprovement.

KCSU, I agree with much of what you are posting but even I understand that Marrone will be here at least 2 more years unless the bottom falls out next year, say 3-9. Which may be a possibility, you never know but at this point it is what it is. He ain't going anywhere for at least 2 years, at this point it's time to just fall in and support the program.. AGAIN

How about Shafer as the HC and Friedgen as OC/ Associate HC. DC to be the best qualified recruiter that Shafer can find out there. I don't really care who the assistants are but how about hiring a few difference makers on the recruiting side. I think Shafer is a smart man and really understands the college game and has the personality to be a head guy. Or you just go out and hire the best HC at a lesser program with solid northeast ties.

Defense is OK. Recruiting and offense is needs HUGE imnprovement.

KCSU, I agree with much of what you are posting but even I understand that Marrone will be here at least 2 more years unless the bottom falls out next year, say 3-9. Which may be a possibility, you never know but at this point it is what it is. He ain't going anywhere for at least 2 years, at this point it's time to just fall in and support the program.. AGAIN
Agreed what i find odd is that out of all of these post im the only poster that would give Doug the extension. The other thing that i find odd is that so many posters defend a coach vs support the program. My point is that i have been supporting Syracuse for 40 years my family for much longer. Im a Syracuse fan. Coaches and players come second. The program comes first. My negative post about Doug have nothing to do with any personal feelings i have for him. In fact the three times i have met him i have found him to be very solid. I also had a chance to meet Grob and liked him as i liked Paul. Of the three in my mind Paul is the best pure coach, Grob the best recruiter, and Doug the best CEO. My critisism of Doug is based on results. I have always supported each coach. I supported Doug being hired and i support his efforts. In the end however i support the program and if that means replacing a coach who has poor results regardless of what a good person he is or the fact that he is a Syracuse grad so be it. Doug knows more than anyone that in the end he will be judged based on results. What drives me nuts is that those of us who dare to question our coach are called out but those posters who continue to make up excuses such as a lack of talent... are allowed. I hope that Doug is the last Syracuse coach in my life as that will mean that the program is doing well which is all i care about.

Badly worded question.

You don't give people the option of bringing back Marrone, you imply that must hire a NEW coach.

I let the '12 season play out before making any decision. Just like in '08 and '04.

Badly worded question.

You don't give people the option of bringing back Marrone, you imply that must hire a NEW coach.

I let the '12 season play out before making any decision. Just like in '08 and '04.

Good point it was badly worded

I'll play.

Doug's gone. They hire me as head coach. For my assistants I hire Millhouse, GoSU96, and Cuseman. Millhouse installs the air raid, Go can do whatever he wants with the defense so long as he supports me through thick and thin as the head coach/Syracuse local boy made good/dude with 15 SUPA credits on my undergrad transcript, Cuseman has to make the specials better, but I hope he knows I'll probably override his calls and decide to go for it on 4th a lot and try for a bunch of onsides and completely bring special teams out of the dark ages, but it will make him look good so it's a good move for him. We each make $200k. Hicks is out as trainer. Mantonio is in and makes a cool $100k. Mr. Excitement is out. Kenny's Two Pennies is in. He works for free. By my count, I have $600,000 left.

I'm going to take that $ and acquire the finest talent in the northeast that money can buy, either in players that fit the air raid or in better looking cheerleaders. Either way, the Dome gets filled, producing more $$$ for the program, better national exposure, more donor dollars, etc. At some point the NCAA will crack down on me - I'll be shamed, but football will be fun for a while, and everyone agrees it was totally worth it. The program quickly recovers from one season of lost bowl eligibility and a reduction of 5 scholarships for two seasons.

Throw in Eli as band director and I'm on board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom