Ok St 78 Ole Miss 37 | Syracusefan.com

Ok St 78 Ole Miss 37

I honestly do think our offense is good enough, evidenced both nights even through rough shooting from our guards.
On the other end of the court, though... looking hopeless

I think our offense is leading to too many transition buckets.

I also think the top of the zone is giving up too much penetration through both the drive (see OkSt.) and the pass (See tonight) which leads to fouls and offensive rebounds.

I think our offense is leading to too many transition buckets.

I also think the top of the zone is giving up too much penetration through both the drive (see OkSt.) and the pass (See tonight) which leads to fouls and offensive rebounds.
yep agreed. defensive transition has been dreadful and Buddy/JG have been a sieve

Well, it’s hard to maintain transition defense when the other team know it’s guards can leak out early every possession because they do not have to help rebound.

If we could board, we wouldn’t be facing all these 2 on 1s.

Penn State was killing Ole Miss too before that comeback. Kinda wish we got Ole Miss instead

Well, it’s hard to maintain transition defense when the other team know it’s guards can leak out early every possession because they do not have to help rebound.

If we could board, we wouldn’t be facing all these 2 on 1s.

Those would be offensive rebounds you are referring to. Nobody counts on offense rebounds to prevent their opponent from getting out in transition.

We were dominated on our defensive glass where Penn State got more offensive rebounds (23) than we got defensive rebounds (21).

three players positioned behind the arc doesn't translate into offensive boards off missed treys.

In general most teams send one or two players to the offensive glass and everybody else gets back to prevent transition. The issue with 3s is they lead to long misses that can fuel transition offense.

We had 7 offensive rebound which is about average, but we allowed 23 offensive rebounds! That gives them 16 more shot attempts than we had.

Look at the box score we shot 54 times they shot 67 times, that is -13! We had 2 less turnovers than they did.

It is our defensive glass not our offensive glass.

I expect our defense will improve during the course of the season. It takes time for freshmen to learn to play the zone. Rebounding will be a big problem all year. Just not enough size, muscle, and toughness.

I expect our defense will improve during the course of the season. It takes time for freshmen to learn to play the zone. Rebounding will be a big problem all year. Just not enough size, muscle, and toughness.
Hear you about the size/muscle - but think we can get alot tougher - hope so anyway

This is why I think we should start Guerrier and moving Hughes to the point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom