ok this one is over...what time is the next game?* | Syracusefan.com

ok this one is over...what time is the next game?*

doubtful.. the disgusting thing about this is in how bad uk winning it is for college hoops. you come and play for a year or two, go to class and i have connections to hook you up to the league and get input from them of exactly what you should do to get a big paycheck.. its legal but just distasteful in accordance with the game and the schools that have seniors who have worked hard to get here.. its a total mockery and it sucks.

Did they just call Teague for going inside and while trying to make a lay-up using his off arm to shield off the shot-blocker?

Louisville can win this.

Not when they call them for a foul rather than call the jump ball and then UK goes on a run. Horrible calls can be big momentum swings. Lville has also handed UK about 12 points on really bad lazy passes.

I doubt it's even possible, but college needs a three-year minimum rule to regain any sense of continuity. It would also benefit the NBA, which has way too many under-developed athletes. I think both college and NBA quality are down from the days before one-and-done became the goal of high schools studs.

I doubt it's even possible, but college needs a three-year minimum rule to regain any sense of continuity.

baseball rule

baseball rule
This would be great, but probably push more kids to skip college (successfully or unsuccessfully). Unless I am unclear on the rule. You can either go to college and stay 3 (2?) years, or skip it and go pro. Right?

I doubt it's even possible, but college needs a three-year minimum rule to regain any sense of continuity. It would also benefit the NBA, which has way too many under-developed athletes. I think both college and NBA quality are down from the days before one-and-done became the goal of high schools studs.
This has been my dream for years

Siva and the Smiths would absolutely drive me crazy as a fan. 5 times worse than Scoop last season. Great! Stupid! Horrid! Great

Calipari is a terrible in-game coach. He's just a recruiter and compiler of talent.

Calipari is a terrible in-game coach. He's just a recruiter and compiler of talent.

He calls time outs to yell at his super talented guys and then he sends them back out saying play better. ;)

UL needs some whistles to start going in their favor...oh, there is one.

If UL doesn't get some FT's out of their drives they are cooked. They were calling them and they tied it. They stopped calling them and now they are down 7

Davis with his hands over Dgeng and no call.

This would be great, but probably push more kids to skip college (successfully or unsuccessfully). Unless I am unclear on the rule. You can either go to college and stay 3 (2?) years, or skip it and go pro. Right?

correct.

correct.

I'd like to see them set it up like Dukie V suggested a couple years ago. Have an advisory council of pro coaches, scouts and other reps that make evaluations of players and allow the Lebron James types to go straight to the league. And then the rest of them have to stay at least 3 years. Maybe allow for hardship outs of school, but make it tough. It will make both the NCAA and the NBA much more interesting.

The push of underclassmen rose in direct correlation with the NBA adding 6 teams -- the late 80's early 90's. When they added those teams, that created another 6 1st round guaranteed picks, and 90 roster spots each year for all those years. They had to take players from somewhere, thus the taking of underclassmen. Once that cleared, if a player was one of the best freshman, by default he was one of the best draftable players.

The final blow was the rookie salary cap. It took away the premium on where you were picked -- being 1st round was good enough. To consider -- one of the reasons DC back in 89 stuck around to move up from being picked 11 or so to #1. Now once anyone thinks they are 1st round they are gone.

Kids always wanted to go as soon as they could be drafted -- all the way back to Magic and Isiah back in '79 and '81. Their mindset hasn't changed a bit. But then, you had to be better than the class in front of you, no longer. If the 100 or so underclassmen who left the last few years were still in college, people like Fab or Dion wouldn't get drafted at all.

Then only thing that can stop this tide is if the NBA contracts, which is unlikely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom