OK, you're at Shafers press conference, what questions do you ask? | Syracusefan.com

OK, you're at Shafers press conference, what questions do you ask?

SmilinBob

Living Legend
My first questions would be "You're at Heids, what do you put on your dog and is it a double or single?" I then look into his eyes and see if he blinks or looks away and if he stares straight at me and answers with conviction no matter what I think or if it isn't politically correct, he'll have me at hello.

Will Nathaniel Hackett be retained as OC? If he says no...fire him. ;-)

Will Nathaniel Hackett be retained as OC? If he says no...fire him. ;-)

I can't imagine Hackett not being retained unless young Hackett has a better gig offered.

Sorry to turn this thread all serious, but I would ask:

how much autonomy will Hackett be given with the offense?

will you carry over your high risk high reward philosophy from the defence to the entire team?

How involved to you intend to be running the defense?
Without being specific, are you looking to make many (any?) changes to the staff?

How are we going to improve recruiting? Will Offense be the same? Will you bring in a Special Teams coach?

My first questions would be "You're at Heids, what do you put on your dog and is it a double or single?" I then look into his eyes and see if he blinks or looks away and if he stares straight at me and answers with conviction no matter what I think or if it isn't politically correct, he'll have me at hello.

The first question I would ask is "Coach Schafer, have you hit up Doug Marrone yet for a facilites donation ?"

Who do you plan to hire as defensive coordinator?

The first question I would ask is "Coach Schafer, have you hit up Doug Marrone yet for a facilites donation ?"
I would ask, Coach Shafer, does it piss you off when people spell your name wrong on SyracuseFan?" If he says no, we know he's more thick skinned than DM.

I would ask, Coach Shafer, does it piss you off when people spell your name wrong on SyracuseFan?" If he says no, we know he's more thick skinned than DM.

I could care less, my last name is very easy to spell and yet it's been consistently spelled wrong my entire life. I don't lose sleep over it.

Question: Can you name all of the members of the Cabinet?

Follow-up: All twelve of them?

How bad was it cleaning out the mini fridge in your new office ?

I would ask if he has plans to engage fans more, generate enthusiasm, increase attendance. Will some practices be more open to fans? Will injuries be reported? Will he engage fans in ways that didn't happen in the past few years. It was not a huge deal, but I think fan engagement can be improved by the university... but specifically by the coach too.

Agree with a lot of the questions. I'd ask him about our OOC schedule and what his thoughts are about playing such a challenging one year in and year out.

Also, how do envision Broyld being used going forward? Perhaps that is a better question for Hackett, depending on Shafer's involvement with the offense (assuming Broyld stays on that side of the ball).