OK, you're at Shafers press conference, what questions do you ask? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OK, you're at Shafers press conference, what questions do you ask?

coach since we cant trust what we read on the internet will this be the last PC you have?

"How do you see yourself using statistics and analytics as a head coach?"

Something open ended to see what he says. Marrone was asked and he wasn't convincing.

Selfishly, "Can you please get the dome to sell gluten free beer?"

Question: Coach, faced with a fourth and one from the opponent's 40 yard line, would you elect to punt, just to watch Millhouse's head explode?

Why are you the right guy?

What will be noticeably different about YOUR Syracuse teams from Coach Marrone?

What should we expect performance wise?

just how effective do you think qb alex plavin will be running your wildcat offense?

"How do you see yourself using statistics and analytics as a head coach?"

Something open ended to see what he says. Marrone was asked and he wasn't convincing.

"Stats are for losers" - Scott Shafer, 2009

Good question though, would be interested to see what he would say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i would like to make it one full day without thinking the syracuse football coach is a stupid meathead so I'm going to assume that the context was about game they happened to lose.

i would like to make it one full day without thinking the syracuse football coach is a stupid meathead so I'm going to assume that the context was about game they happened to lose.

It was in his introductory presser after he was hired. "Stats are for losers. If we hold them to less yards then I don’t care, but if we hold them to less points, then that’s what I’m looking for. Those are the things we’ll focus on."

Somebody around here has that full quote in his sig.

It was in his introductory presser after he was hired. "Stats are for losers. If we hold them to less yards then I don’t care, but if we hold them to less points, then that’s what I’m looking for. Those are the things we’ll focus on."

the world according to bob schieffer

"points are not a stat.
yards are not related to points.
any play where points aren't scored is a success"

LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

oh well it was nice while it lasted.

Gluten (and similar proteins) are in wheat, rye and BARLEY.
Can you drink Corona? I know a few people with Celiac who tolerate it without any problems. They might have it at the beer garden on the Dome's first level.

Can you drink Corona? I know a few people with Celiac who tolerate it without any problems. They might have it at the beer garden on the Dome's first level.

Unfortunately, no... there are beers like it that I can probably tolerate (to read: don't send me running for the bathroom). However, that doesn't mean it isn't doing damage to the small intestine. There are Celiacs that are completely asymptomatic, but when they get biopsied there is damage to the lining of the small intestine (villi). If your friends do have Celiac Disease, they should be drinking gluten free beer.

Who sells Gluten free beer?

There are a lot of options now. Two of the most popular are Redbridge (Anheuser) and Bards. Ciders are almost always good, too.

Coach question on recruiting. First do you think that you will be able to retain all of the players who have provided verbal commitments and will the recruiting strategy or territory change and if so how?

You want more fans in the Dome. Will you be more fan friendly and have a more accessible program thatn Marrone? Will there be a few more open practices? An open scrimmage in the fall? A recruiting event? A players walk? How will you engage the fans?

Will you push back on the AD to get a better OOC home schedule and not be rolled over to play the marquee OOC games in NJ?

When it is 4th and goal on your opponents 1, will you tell your OL you have confidence in them and go for the TD to possibly win the game?

Will you try to mend bridges and get back into NJ?

Do you have NFL aspirations at all?