Okay, now that I've calmed down..,, | Syracusefan.com

Okay, now that I've calmed down..,,

Jake

Mod
Seriously, the final two minutes of that game aged me 25 years.

I just don't understand how our two guards repeatedly run away from the ball in critical inbound situations. It's comical. They did it against Lville and did it last night.

I honestly don't think either want to touch it in critical spots. So frustrating.

Anyone else think mcw could get to the rim at will last night? I would have loved to see him take it more to the hole. He's always looking for the assist, but he could have scored a bunch last night.

CJ is playing on a different level right now offensively, if he continues to shoot the ball like this, he is very tough to guard.

Obviously the zone was excellent last night. Keitas foot speed makes a huge impact closing out the gaps in the middle.

Montana and cal might have been the two worst offensive teams we played all year.

I honestly don't know if I want either guard taking foul shots at the end of the game. Michael - get the ball over the damn rim - give it a chance!

I love guys who want the ball at the end so they can go to the line and then drain them.

Somebody has got to want to be the guy at the end of the game. MCW is making some really critically bad decisions and his FT shooting is not good. Gotta ashore that up before Thursday.

I just don't understand how our two guards repeatedly run away from the ball in critical inbound situations. It's comical. They did it against Lville and did it last night.

I honestly don't think either want to touch it in critical spots. So frustrating.

Anyone else think mcw could get to the rim at will last night? I would have loved to see him take it more to the hole. He's always looking for the assist, but he could have scored a bunch last night.

CJ is playing on a different level right now offensively, if he continues to shoot the ball like this, he is very tough to guard.

Obviously the zone was excellent last night. Keitas foot speed makes a huge impact closing out the gaps in the middle.

Montana and cal might have been the two worst offensive teams we played all year.
You might be right. But I prefer to think of it as our zone is really good and those 2 teams haven't seen it.

I honestly don't know if I want either guard taking foul shots at the end of the game. Michael - get the ball over the damn rim - give it a chance!

I love guys who want the ball at the end so they can go to the line and then drain them.
A week ago it was tongue in cheek but now its fact. I would rather have Baye at the line than BT or MCW.

A week ago it was tongue in cheek but now its fact. I would rather have Baye at the line than BT or MCW.
I mentioned the CJ # last night: he is 53% from the line over the last 10 games. (36 attempts starting w/ the Marquette game)
BMK over the same period: 70% (30 attempts)
MCW: 52% (42 attempts)
BT: 74% (46 attempts)

MCW's numbers brought down by the 2 for 9 performance in the BET championship game when fatigue was a factor. One would hope that last night's 4 for 9 wasn't because of fatigue.

I can't tell you how many times I made the comment "I'll give him that shot all day" last night.

Must have been 15+. Their shot selection was the worst I've ever seen.

I can't tell you how many times I made the comment "I'll give him that shot all day" last night.

Must have been 15+. Their shot selection was the worst I've ever seen.
Watching the Montana and Cal post game pressers, they both had an idea of what they could do going into the game, but when they actually lined up against the zone and saw they rotations, they couldn't do anything. Crabbe in particular seemed shocked about how good the zone was in person. It's one thing to scout it and try to practice against it with your 2nd string, it's a completely different thing to see us play it in a game.

Our defense was sick, we cost Crabbe millions of dollars by exposing him and making him cry on the sidelines. On offense, lets just hope we got that clunker out of the way and come out firing from here on out. BT has to be better, our offensive production is easily correlated to him scoring. I've been happy with the production of Southerland, Fair and Rakeita. I would love to see BT and MCW attack the rim more often, BT especially...NO MORE CONTESTED LONG RANGE PULL UP JUMPSHOTS and memo to James: You seriously have to stop getting into foul trouble, we have no viable backup for you.

as frustrating as that was last night jake- its a part of the reality of college hoops this year - there are just not many good offensive teams. Factor in the zone and they look like garbage. Gtown made iu look bad with the zone earlier this year. mtm d made some look better as did the vcu press but there just isnt that many good teams. If we get iu- besides the game being gravy in that we are now where no one thought we would be 6 games ago, i think its an interesting matchup. our guards tower over theirs yet they have a lot of speed. watford will likely come out on the perimeter but even he will be challenged by our size. IU really lives on the base line slashers and outside shooters when zeller is ineffective. Whoever we get im satisfied with getting this far for now.. hoping we make it a special season and cut the nets down.

Watching the Montana and Cal post game pressers, they both had an idea of what they could do going into the game, but when they actually lined up against the zone and saw they rotations, they couldn't do anything. Crabbe in particular seemed shocked about how good the zone was in person. It's one thing to it and try to practice against it with your 2nd string, it's a completely different thing to see us play it in a game.
I really enjoy reading their messageboards and every fan in shock over how scared their players were lol. Oh and good job Cuse fans in Cali! In a thread over on the Cal board they asked about the things they hated the most about last night and the second response was "Their obnoxious douchey fans". LOL.

We've never been a great foul shooting team, but in the past we've always had some guy like Andy Rautins who we we get the ball in his hands in late game situations when the other team was forced to foul. I don't think we have anyone o this time. Baye maybe?

we were double bonus with 11.5 minutes to play . 24 fouls called on CAL and yet not one bear fouled out. and yet here is dirty once again saddled on the bench with 4 fouls and 10 to play. he's gotta play smarter.

And If we played ourselves...you could make that three!

Somebody has got to want to be the guy at the end of the game. MCW is making some really critically bad decisions and his FT shooting is not good. Gotta ashore that up before Thursday.

I think MCW is going to see Oladipo for most of the game Thurs. That could be problematic.

I think MCW is going to see Oladipo for most of the game Thurs. That could be problematic.

lets hope he is seeing wyatt instead.. oladipo is a good defender- iu's help d not so much

All last night confirmed to me was that I was happy I rooted for Cal to beat UNLV. While we still would have been favored over UNLV Anthony Bennett and their plucky SG from Mater Dei High School would have been scary. I was always want to play the less talented team and UNLV talent > Cal talent and I am glad Cal won. We need to just be happy we won and get ready for IU.

lets hope he is seeing wyatt instead.. oladipo is a good defender- iu's help d not so much

Yeah, premature on my part. Never good. I would rather deal with Temple.

I really enjoy reading their messageboards and every fan in shock over how scared their players were lol. Oh and good job Cuse fans in Cali! In a thread over on the Cal board they asked about the things they hated the most about last night and the second response was "Their obnoxious douchey fans". LOL.

Hey you got a link to there board?

I think Oladipo will be on James, and James might have nightmares. We'll have to take advantage of mismatches with CJ and whoever Hulls is covering (probably BT). BooBoo will be on MCW. IMO.

we were double bonus with 11.5 minutes to play . 24 fouls called on CAL and yet not one bear fouled out. and yet here is dirty once again saddled on the bench with 4 fouls and 10 to play. he's gotta play smarter.

How about Jimmy getting him out of there with 1 minute to go in the first half and 2 fouls?????? how bad can you get hurt in 1 minute? Poor game management.

Overall foul trouble has not been an issue; only with the bigs. For this to happen to James again was unusual. I don't think JB thought he would pick up the 3rd. At least he went well into the 2nd half before picking up the 4th this time. From here on out, I think he will handle this situation differently if James needs to come out like that. Also James has become even more of a factor the past few games. We are a different team altogether when he is on the floor. Before he was on and off at times. Now he is becoming the difference maker, and even the team leader.

I mentioned the CJ # last night: he is 53% from the line over the last 10 games. (36 attempts starting w/ the Marquette game)
BMK over the same period: 70% (30 attempts)
MCW: 52% (42 attempts)
BT: 74% (46 attempts)

MCW's numbers brought down by the 2 for 9 performance in the BET championship game when fatigue was a factor. One would hope that last night's 4 for 9 wasn't because of fatigue.

Wow. Didn't realize BT was that high for his last 46 attempts. Seemed more like 60 something %

Overall foul trouble has not been an issue; only with the bigs. For this to happen to James again was unusual. I don't think JB thought he would pick up the 3rd. At least he went well into the 2nd half before picking up the 4th this time. From here on out, I think he will handle this situation differently if James needs to come out like that. Also James has become even more of a factor the past few games. We are a different team altogether when he is on the floor. Before he was on and off at times. Now he is becoming the difference maker, and even the team leader.
Well it happened to James against Louisville too. Zeller would be a huge problem

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom