Oklahoma #12 vs TCU #10. | Syracusefan.com

Oklahoma #12 vs TCU #10.

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
As I mentioned in another thread a few days ago, if you have not had a chance to catch Trae Young yet this could be the game. Plus it's a good matchup.

Oklahoma started the game on an 11-0 run (with Young getting 8 in the first 4 minutes), but it is now 11-10 as TCU themselves went on a 10-0 run.

Gave him the hype, now he had a horrible turnover, and I am not sure what he was doing on D in a few possessions.

TY looks like the real deal.
Jamie Dixon can coach, I watched this team a bit 2-3 years ago, the talent is not that much better.
They are unlikely to stay at #10, but he has a non-basketball program believe.

39 points, 14 assists for Trae Young, 6-14 from three, 15-18 from the FT Line. Guy has a knack to get to the rim, that makes it easier because of his range.

That being said there were a few not so good things that showed up in final box scoe
9-23 from the Field (3-9 inside the arc). He is still not the greatest finisher at the rim, but if he can draw the amount of FT's he did penetrating today it more than offsets it.

7 Turnover's. Guy makes some great passes, but does force some passes some time as well. That being said he could have easily had more assists as the Sooners missed some chippies that he set up.

But overall a very good performance.

Down goes Dixon.

39 points, 14 assists for Trae Young, 6-14 from three, 15-18 from the FT Line. Guy has a knack to get to the rim, that makes it easier because of his range.

That being said there were a few not so good things that showed up in final box scoe
9-23 from the Field (3-9 inside the arc). He is still not the greatest finisher at the rim, but if he can draw the amount of FT's he did penetrating today it more than offsets it.

7 Turnover's. Guy makes some great passes, but does force some passes some time as well. That being said he could have easily had more assists as the Sooners missed some chippies that he set up.

But overall a very good performance.

Down goes Dixon.
Quote heard earlier today (paraphrased): "These days, everyone wants to be Steph Curry. Young comes the closest." I agree.

Every single team except for Oklahoma failed... for not getting trae young. Dude is just unreal.

Trae Young has been an absolute revelation. I’ve loved watching him play this season. He really is must watch TV for college basketball fans.

I really don't think of Oklahoma as any kind of basketball power at all but how have they gotten this parade of top players? They have had 3 or 4 guys in the last 10-15 years that are as good as any SU player in our history. I don't get it.

I really don't think of Oklahoma as any kind of basketball power at all but how have they gotten this parade of top players? They have had 3 or 4 guys in the last 10-15 years that are as good as any SU player in our history. I don't get it.

Didn't they play Texas for the right to lose to us in 03?

Some guys want to stay home, plus Oklahoma has an insane number of boosters. He was down to Kentucky and Kansas, then Oklahoma got in the race at the last minute. Makes you go hmmm.

Young and Blake Griffin were both instate recruits. Not surprising. Buddy Hield (sp) was from the Bahamas and relatively unknown.

Every single team except for Oklahoma failed... for not getting trae young. Dude is just unreal.
T.Young's recruitment ripples likely had an affect on SU and it's current roster. Supposedly, Kentucky had him (never a verbal, but it was a forgone conclusion), but some of the Wildcats recruiting class purportedly did not want to play with him (why?). With that input, Cal went the route of getting 2-3 players instead (Knox, Quade, Gilgeous-Alexander?). Extended ripples may have also affected our "whiff" on Tucker. I like our team as is, but it's human nature to wonder just a little. Cannot picture this team without Marek, however.

Last edited:
Some guys want to stay home, plus Oklahoma has an insane number of boosters. He was down to Kentucky and Kansas, then Oklahoma got in the race at the last minute. Makes you go hmmm.

Im not sure this is 100% accurate. My memory is he was slated for some time to oklahoma before committing officially. He wanted to stay home.

With all the NBA teams trying to keep pace with the Warriors, doesn't Trae Young have to be a top 5 pick if he does enter the draft this year?-VBOF

He was down to those 3 but that's not a true statement. Oklahoma was recruiting him longer then just about anyone to stay at home and was always considered in the running. Recruited him when he was a freshman. It actually came down to OU/Kansas in the end.

That's not what his father said, but ok.

"Kruger and his staff have been pursuing Young since his freshman year. In that time period, Young and Kruger built a strong relationship. Young said he loves the passion he coaches with." From a blocked site. Tried to post the link but wouldn't post.

Yea Kentucky was a big time player and considered the favorite but when green committed it was all over for him and he was down to OU/Kansas. I was just implying that OU was recruiting him hard as their #1 since day 1 and was always in the picture. They never swooped in late to the party. They wanted the home town kid and they ended up getting him with a little luck and persistence! Glad he didn't end up at Kentucky that's for sure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom