OL Denzel Ward medically disqualified because of foot injury | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OL Denzel Ward medically disqualified because of foot injury

Not saying there not legit because I am sure they are but I have never seen this many people medically disqualified by a college football team. Its insane.

Well thing is, in the case of Kris Curtis, Kyle Knapp and Isaiah Johnson, those were guys on the 2 deep that were young that absolutely would have been contributors. Marona would have been on the 2 deep as well because we were thing at DE that year.

And AJ is the only one doing what he is doing after the fact. Every single other guy who was DQ'ed has stopped playing football.

Well thing is, in the case of Kris Curtis, Kyle Knapp and Isaiah Johnson, those were guys on the 2 deep that were young that absolutely would have been contributors. Marona would have been on the 2 deep as well because we were thing at DE that year.

And AJ is the only one doing what he is doing after the fact. Every single other guy who was DQ'ed has stopped playing football.

I think the only other one who tried a comeback from a DQ for concussion after he graduated was Adam Harris.

I think the only other one who tried a comeback from a DQ for concussion after he graduated was Adam Harris.

He tried to play somewhere else? I didn't know that. Thought he exhausted his eligibility here.

Calling Dr. Mike, what kind of foot injury would require you to give completely?
To take a couple of shots in the dark, we have to figure with surgery required it is not one of the more common types of foot injuries or problems like plantar fasciitis or turf toe. Rather at 6 foot eight and 360 pounds it's likely some type of stress fracture injury to one of his tarsal or metatarsal bones, and it's just not healing in part due to his size.

There are a couple of conditions like this, one called navicular bone stress fracture and the other one a Lis franc injury at a tarsal metatarsal joint These usually occur from trauma but at his size it could be a repetitive stress type of injury, then the deformity can occur as a result and this can irritate not only the bones and ligaments but create some neurologic compression of the nerves in the foot all of which can cause pain symptoms.

That would be my best guess, more rarely you can see another fracture and/or stress related injury that results in a lack of blood supply to one of the bones down there, and that can result in what is called an avascular necrosis which pretty much always requires surgery.

Last edited:
To take a couple of shots in the dark, we have to figure with surgery required it is not one of the more common types of foot injuries or problems like plantar fasciitis or turf toe. Rather at 6 foot eight and 360 pounds it's likely some type of stress fracture injury to one of his tarsal or metatarsal bones, and it's just not healing in part due to his size.

There are a couple of conditions like this, one called navicular bone stress fracture and the other one a Lis franc injury at a tarsal metatarsal joint These usually occur from trauma but at his size it could be a repetitive stress type of injury, then the deformity can occur as a result and this can irritate not only the bones and ligaments but create some neurologic compression of the nerves in the foot all of which can cause pain symptoms.

That would be my best guess, more rarely you can see another fracture and/or stress related injury that results in a lack of blood supply to one of the bones down there, and that can result in what is called an avascular necrosis which pretty much always requires surgery.
So you're saying it's a lower body injury.

This is last year's version of the injury bug ... only we don't get these guys back. This is some serious Old Testament plague style crap that HCSS has to deal with.

With Ward DQ'd now, looks like 3/4 of the IL recruits from two years ago are gone or done playing. Only Roberts and Moore are still there and Moore has missed many more games than he has played.

With Ward DQ'd now, looks like 3/4 of the IL recruits from two years ago are gone or done playing. Only Roberts and Moore are still there and Moore has missed many more games than he has played.
Chris Slayton says hello.