Class of 2025 - OL/DL D'joni Scatliffe (FL) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (6/22/24) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 OL/DL D'joni Scatliffe (FL) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (6/22/24)

I don’t get this one. There is an enormous amount of technique to learn at these positions and he’s just so new. Feels like with limited space you can pick up guys like this later in the cycle
You know. It feels like OL is the hardest to predict and project. Seems like the staff wants to take athletes with good balance and footwork. Then we see what happens.

I don’t get this one. There is an enormous amount of technique to learn at these positions and he’s just so new. Feels like with limited space you can pick up guys like this later in the cycle
There's no doubt that they're taking some fliers on kids with either physical and/or speed measurables, but less experience.

You hit on a couple each cycle, and you're ahead of the game.

Bill And Ted 80S GIF by IFC

You know. It feels like OL is the hardest to predict and project. Seems like the staff wants to take athletes with good balance and footwork. Then we see what happens.
Right now we aren’t able to get guys with elite size and experience playing at an elite level.

you can’t teach size and athleticism. What you can teach is technique and skill. Taking a few freak athletes each class and trying to teach them how to succeed is worth the risk. If we get one of them to become a player, they will be very very good. 6’7” beats 6’4” if both players are comparable skill level.

the staff has shown us they are extremely confident in their abilities to teach athletes how to play football. We are taking tons of elite size guys and elite speed guys. Can’t wait to have real elite size and speed on the roster.

Right now we aren’t able to get guys with elite size and experience playing at an elite level.

you can’t teach size and athleticism. What you can teach is technique and skill. Taking a few freak athletes each class and trying to teach them how to succeed is worth the risk. If we get one of them to become a player, they will be very very good. 6’7” beats 6’4” if both players are comparable skill level.

the staff has shown us they are extremely confident in their abilities to teach athletes how to play football. We are taking tons of elite size guys and elite speed guys. Can’t wait to have real elite size and speed on the roster.
And with these type of players, not a lot of bad habits to break.
It's like having a blank canvas to create a masterpiece in art.
All it takes is a couple to break through, and make it big.
Then the big dogs will see this staff is the place to come.

Can’t just pick guys like this up late in cycle if they blow up during their senior season.
Staff obviously loves his talent and ability to learn. I’m amped to have Scatliffe in Orange.

Yeah what has this kid been doing?!?!?
Insert repeated story (there is not an ounce of fact check to my comments) immigrant parents, played on soccer growing up, didn’t understand football, family moved a lot, went through an unexpected massive growth spurt this past year, etc.

He's massive, and despite being huge he's a good athlete.

He's undoubtedly raw, and lacks developmental technique. But the staff seems to be loading up on blue chip athletes, and this kid appears to be one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom