Class of 2019 - OL Jake Pope (FL) Verbal to Kentucky | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 OL Jake Pope (FL) Verbal to Kentucky

6-foot-7 OT Jake Pope, a 2019 prospect, serves up top three schools

Jake Pope, the 70th-ranked offensive tackle in the 2019 industry-generated 247Sports Composite, says three suitors, including two representing the Big Ten, are sitting out front in his recruitment.

"Top three are Virginia Tech, Michigan State and Illinois," Pope said. "We have to see how this spring goes, too."

The 6-foot-7, 275-pound Pope, who is also tagged as a three-star prospect, opens up about each aforementioned school with 247Sports.

Michigan State:
"I like the coaches and the way they run their team. Also, I think it would be an honor to play in the Big Ten. Coach (Mark) Dantonio, being a disciple of coach (Nick) Saban, means he knows how to build a winning program."

Virginia Tech: "The area is incredible and I love the scenery over there. I feel like it would be a great place to get an education and play football. The stadium there is incredible and would be so much fun to play in."

Illinois: "Illinois is a great school to get an education and also to play ball. I love the way that coach Butkus runs his offensive line, and he is a great guy to talk to. It would be a great opportunity to play for a coach like him.

"Along with that, the campus is gorgeous."

A product of nationally-recognized Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas, Pope says he has no visits scheduled at this time.

Syracuse, Cincinnati and UCF are some additional offers on the table for the South Florida native.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom