Class of 2020 - OL Joshua Ilaoa (NC) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 OL Joshua Ilaoa (NC) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd feel good if we got a commit here from a DT, but also confused, because if he dedicates himself to s&c I'd have no idea where to move him to.
He could be the 1 and 3 tech at the same time. Since he takes up 2 positions it will allow the team to throw another LB in there.

Anyone know where in NC this kid is from or what high school he attends?

When we post the hudl info, usually the second post in an offer thread, it tells you the HS.

Mallard Creek, Charlotte, NC

When we post the hudl info, usually the second post in an offer thread, it tells you the HS.

Mallard Creek HS is the biggest HS in the Charlotte area, has won 3 recent state championships in football and produced a number of top D1 prospects. It is a good place to get involved with...

This kid is interesting. Most of his film is o-line. Thing is, is when he's lined up in a 4 point, he has good bend, and fires out of his 4 point better than his 3 point. His angles are better, and more explosive on the D side. Wish his HS coach exploited that more.

I'll go with the staff on this one, especially if they worked him out. I wanna see a lil more, but I cant be his HS coach. This kid might be completely legit.

I looked and didn’t see it anywhere. Mallard Creek high school is about ten minutes from my house. If he commits, the boy and I will have to go check him out.

This kid is interesting. Most of his film is o-line. Thing is, is when he's lined up in a 4 point, he has good bend, and fires out of his 4 point better than his 3 point. His angles are better, and more explosive on the D side. Wish his HS coach exploited that more.

I'll go with the staff on this one, especially if they worked him out. I wanna see a lil more, but I cant be his HS coach. This kid might be completely legit.
His playing strength stands out from those oline snaps. No one that he gets his hands on doesn't move somewhere they don't want to go. Strong kid, moves really well. That kind of playing strength makes for a really disruptive interior guy, if you can move centers and guards where they don't want to go, running the ball gets really tough.

Mallard Creek HS is the biggest HS in the Charlotte area, has won 3 recent state championships in football and produced a number of top D1 prospects. It is a good place to get involved with...
I didn’t realize that they were that good. They blew out a decent Mooresville team (and every other team they played) last year. I was going to post that the school is fairly new, but it was built in 2007. I have been here a long time.

I like his defensive film more than offense. With that said, the coaches knows where he helps most.

From that left photo, he looks to have at least an 8yd (24 foot) wingspan which would be the 2nd longest in program history behind Justin Pugh & 3rd in school history behind Pugh & Buss Patterson.

Last edited:
"SU is recruiting Ilaoa as an offensive lineman, though he has the ability to play on either side of the ball."

I believe this means we should probably change the title of his thread?

I love the idea of bringing him in as an OL because that preserves the possibility that down the road we could move him inside to defensive tackle.

Assuming of course he exhibits the proper dedication to s & c.

I love the idea of bringing him in as an OL because that preserves the possibility that down the road we could move him inside to defensive tackle.

Assuming of course he exhibits the proper dedication to s & c.

I think it’s funny that you think this joke is still funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.