Class of 2023 - OL Joshua Miller (VA) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/23/23) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 OL Joshua Miller (VA) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/23/23)

This kid got on the two deep as a TRUE FRESHMAN at Georgia. A potentially incredible pickup.
But supposedly he didn’t play any games. Was he really on the two deep?

The PFF grades were actually better than the eye ball test. We couldn’t and didn’t block anyone. Heck, Allen carried 20 times for 2 yards. When has that ever happen? As a team we averaged .5 yards per carry. Bad, bad, bad.
That’s my point. Four of five starters had overall grades of 60+. The only one who didn’t was Bleich who graded out the best all year.

But anyone who watched the game knows it was the line’s worst performance of the year by a wide margin.

I think it’s tough to evaluate individuals with our blocking schemes though. Five guys have to execute as an integrated unit and if there is one week spot they all suffer trying to cover up the deficiency. Similar to a zone defense in basketball.

That’s my point. Four of five starters had overall grades of 60+. The only one who didn’t was Bleich who graded out the best all year.

But anyone who watched the game knows it was the line’s worst performance of the year by a wide margin.

I think it’s tough to evaluate individuals with our blocking schemes though. Five guys have to execute as an integrated unit and if there is one week spot they all suffer trying to cover up the deficiency. Similar to a zone defense in basketball.

60s is average. And that’s offensive grade for everything. My point is the run blocking was horrible. We didn’t knock anyone off the ball and the grades were horrible. The overall grades are masked by the pass blocking which imo had extenuating circumstances. Bleichs grade was the low end of below average.

He didn’t even get through 2 games

SEC underclassmen. Same deal. Same with Bleich.

Those the kind of kids that lift the unit. I’ve been saying all year they need to 2 of these guys. If they can get more that’s great.

I’m a wait and see on Wohlbaugh. He only played 1 1/2 games and graded low average and below average. And he came to us as a 3rd stringer not in the 2 deep. So he hasn’t shown anything yet. To me he’s just more of the same of what we have.

I was gonna ask the same thing.

Could have been something that if there was a serious year-long injury he would have played and if not they didn't want to burn his redshirt for mop-up duty.

It’s hard for five guys to block eight or nine guys.

Yeah, Dino knew we had an OL problem. Brought in Wohlbaugh, More, Reed. Unfortunately two of them were hurt most of the year.

Hopefully Fran brings in even better ones. Miller seems to fit that, at least based on offers.
He knew we had a problem but him and his staff really didn’t have the juice to address it like this. More wasn’t even a top 50 portal OL. We weren’t beating out SEC or B1G schools for Reed.

Wohlobaugh was the best add of the 3 IMO. Reed started quite frankly because Ilaoa is not good.

1969 Dodge Dart.jpg

He knew we had a problem but him and his staff really didn’t have the juice to address it like this. More wasn’t even a top 50 portal OL. We weren’t beating out SEC or B1G schools for Reed.

Wohlobaugh was the best add of the 3 IMO. Reed started quite frankly because Ilaoa is not good.
We did beat out Oregon for Reed if I remember correctly, which was a big win obviously.

We did beat out Oregon for Reed if I remember correctly, which was a big win obviously.
Yeah that is right - they came on late. But who knows if they were recruiting him as a starter or as depth.

Wohlobaugh was a Top 50 portal interior lineman and ranked on par with what Fran is bringing in and he totally looked the part.

Could have been something that if there was a serious year-long injury he would have played and if not they didn't want to burn his redshirt for mop-up duty.

He was 3rd in line but the first 2 were listed as or, so he made the depth chart as the 3rd. Not 2nd on the chart as might be inferred from making the 2 deep.