Class of 2020 - OL Justin Stevens (Ontario) Offered | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 OL Justin Stevens (Ontario) Offered

Tend to think this years recruiting class is going to be on par with this years record.

Tend to think this years recruiting class is going to be on par with this years record.
Maybe you need to take another look at the 2020 recruiting class if the loss of one kid that only recently blew up has you so upset. And then take a look at their individual threads and see that some are having great seasons in competitive HS divisions.

Maybe you need to take another look at the 2020 recruiting class if the loss of one kid that only recently blew up has you so upset. And then take a look at their individual threads and see that some are having great seasons in competitive HS divisions.

I have. This is a MAC level class at best. Hopefully these kids develop.

I have. This is a MAC level class at best. Hopefully these kids develop.
We have a difference of opinion on the quality of the class. You seem to be unaware of the level of competition some of these kids are playing at...or you are just choosing to be negative. That's your choice. I think some of these kids are going to prove you very wrong.

Latarie Kinsler and Ben LaBrosse are big time follow ups to Nunn/Jones/LK/Linton.

this class was not what we expected, but it’s a decent class as well. Not MAC level.

Latarie Kinsler and Ben LaBrosse are big time follow ups to Nunn/Jones/LK/Linton.

this class was not what we expected, but it’s a decent class as well. Not MAC level.

Stephon Thompson might currently be the most important recruit.

I do believe we'll have some surprises.

Stephon Thompson might currently be the most important recruit.

I do believe we'll have some surprises.
Same could be said about Hanna I suppose!

not a bad class

Same could be said about Hanna I suppose!

nah Hanna is rail thin. Too skinny imo to make any kind of impact in the secondary next year unless he's super special. We don't even know if he's a corner or safety. If he were able to come in and jump all that depth then we'll have good one. If he has the smarts and plays disciplined at safety then who knows. TBD.

FYI Palmetto finished 10-2 and lost in the 6A state semifinals (they lost in an upset to Miami Western - five-star safety James Williams ).

but but I've heard this class is not even MAC level :rolleyes:

Yeah, yeah - we should totally go back to recruiting #hardnosed guys like Shafer did.

You know, the ones that were all 2-4" shorter, 10-20 lbs lighter, and slower than the guys Dino & crew are getting, and we were competing against Akron and directional Michigan programs for.

Let's hope that Sparty cans their staff, and this kid reopens his recruitment.
(and that we still have a slot open at that time)

We have a difference of opinion on the quality of the class. You seem to be unaware of the level of competition some of these kids are playing at...or you are just choosing to be negative. That's your choice. I think some of these kids are going to prove you very wrong.
I do like the fact that many of the kids are camp offers. The fact that most of them have weak offers is concerning. I hope im wrong but this class looks marginal.

I do like the fact that many of the kids are camp offers. The fact that most of them have weak offers is concerning. I hope im wrong but this class looks marginal.
I think you need to look at the recruit and offers thread again. Most of the commits have multiple major offers. Ilaoa and Thompson don't but, as I posted, both play for very competitive programs. I don't worry about the Canadians that get camp offers.

Anyone care to comment on what went wrong here? I mean, we had every possible advantage with this kid..on him early (if not first), close to home, fellow Canadians on roster and thriving, stable coaching staff...how does Michigan State swoop in, offer, get official visit, and then get a commit over us? How does that happen? Someone explain it to me like I was 4 years old.

Anyone care to comment on what went wrong here? I mean, we had every possible advantage with this kid..on him early (if not first), close to home, fellow Canadians on roster and thriving, stable coaching staff...how does Michigan State swoop in, offer, get official visit, and then get a commit over us? How does that happen? Someone explain it to me like I was 4 years old.

Because uniforms matter:

1574878793773.png

Recruiting is a two way street. Kid has to want to select your program. For whatever reason that was important to him, he liked MSU better.

Don’t try to anticipate what a 17-19 yr old kid is going to do based on what you would do or what you think makes sense. That’s your best explanation.

They’re all different with different ideas of what they want.

Shut up and eat it.

SU wasn’t the only school that had a relationship with Stevens. Michigan State was doing the same thing as SU. Coaches did not thing wrong, kid wanted to go to Michigan State.

Watching Michigan States offense is one of the hardest things to do ...it's like they are in mud and playing in 500 pounds of armor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom