Class of 2020 - OL Justin Stevens (Ontario) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 OL Justin Stevens (Ontario) Offered

I have a good feeling here. Ontario -> Cuse connection has been real for b-ball and fball and I love the efforts to recruit here by our staff. We have to take advantage of the proximity and the lack of notice these players get. It’s a perfect combination for a school like Syracuse.

It's not but he's also a kid who's on the upward trajectory on the arc for that.

Maybe. Or maybe we're readjusting our targets a bit b/c this season has disappointed. Wasn't offered until Nov. 2. Not trying to be negative, just looking at things through the prism of this year.

He's a Canadian playing in Canada. His offer sheet is the same as Bergeron, maybe better.

True. But there are some Canadians with impressive offer sheets this year. My point being that we don't have Canada all to ourselves when it comes to the top recruits. It's not as if we're the only ones mining that pipeline. We've done very well there, and I hope that continues. And Stevens could turn out great for us. Still, he looks more like a project than some of our other Canadian signees. Gotta love his frame, though...

True. But there are some Canadians with impressive offer sheets this year. My point being that we don't have Canada all to ourselves when it comes to the top recruits. It's not as if we're the only ones mining that pipeline. We've done very well there, and I hope that continues. And Stevens could turn out great for us. Still, he looks more like a project than some of our other Canadian signees. Gotta love his frame, though...
And most of the Canadians with impressive offer sheets have come and played at a High School in the states.

This is a take.

He's a development prospect with potential
Kid will be starting by his Sophmore season. He has playing on Sunday type potential. It’s wild how kids like this fall through the cracks until this late in the game. Could have 2 Canadians anchoring the tackle spots in a few years if the staff decides to move Carlos to guard or center.

kid plays an all American game schedule, against top teams in USA - IMG, St. Edwards, Mentor, St. Ignatius... he’s been playing OL for one year.. I like this prospect but I’m insure why I don’t see more power 5

Last edited by a moderator:
Kid will be starting by his Sophmore season. He has playing on Sunday type potential. It’s wild how kids like this fall through the cracks until this late in the game. Could have 2 Canadians anchoring the tackle spots in a few years if the staff decides to move Carlos to guard or center.

I appreciate this and hope you are right. Our OL play obviously has not been a strength this year.

I am much more reserved in my hope -- how many other OL prospects have we said will be starting by sophomore year, have pro potential, etc.? Feel like the NYC kid is a prime example

I appreciate this and hope you are right. Our OL play obviously has not been a strength this year.

I am much more reserved in my hope -- how many other OL prospects have we said will be starting by sophomore year, have pro potential, etc.? Feel like the NYC kid is a prime example

A prime example of what? Everybody who pays attention to recruiting knew that he was a 4-star due to his massive size / potential, but not with regard to technique. Tomcat called as soon as the kid signed that he would need multiple years to actualize his potential.

No one said Qadir would be starting by his sophomore year. He's a RF right now, and should be pushing for a starting role next year.

No one said Qadir would be starting by his sophomore year. He's a RF right now, and should be pushing for a starting role next year.

This is a broken record statement a few people always forget. White's HS coach said he needs 2-3 years. Next season is about that time. Still too early currently.

I'll be the first to say I have no patience. Especially when our OL is as bad as it is.

He went to Indiana to take an unofficial and while there is talking to Edsel?
UConn does have some Canadians on the team.

He went to Indiana to take an unofficial and while there is talking to Edsel?
UConn does have some Canadians on the team.
He is going to Indiana next week? They don’t even have a home game this week unless now he is touring himself

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom