Class of 2018 - OL Ryan Kisselstein (Corcoran) Walk-on Committed to SYRACUSE | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 OL Ryan Kisselstein (Corcoran) Walk-on Committed to SYRACUSE

Jed used to have a great swing but now all his time is spent on the mound!!

Mr. Boots just committed to LeMoyne for 2019. I have even more appreciation for what these kids go through after having seen the recruiting process from the view of the player's father.

It really is about the fit for the player at the school, on the team and with the coaches. It is not just about the perceived "brand" of the college. To be honest I was hoping he went Ivy but after seeing how happy he is about the choice and having spent an hour with his future head coach watching Jed's last ever travel game together in NJ last week I am as excited about his choice as he is.

Jed threw 88 mph a few weeks ago at a showcase and he is positive with off-season workouts he will be in the 90s in his senior year. He also pitched at an event for committed players in Cooperstown last week throwing 2 innings with 0 hits, 0 runs and 3 strike outs including against St. John's and Texas Tech commits. He was named the pitcher with the "Best Movement" for the event. He is at the Babe Ruth All Star World Series right now and pitching later this week.

Hopefully he gets back to golf too. He is the perfect golfing buddy.

Sorry for going on about him but a lot of posters knew "Mr. Boots" from going to spring football games and open hoops practices since he was a toddler. I have pictures of Hak & Josh Pace with him at the 2003 Spring game when he was 2. Now he is a 6'3" 195 lb kid with big plans for the future.
Congrats to and good luck to Jed!

Congratulations to Jed, beloved 'Mr Boots'. Time sure flies. I know he had to get some good advice from his cousin Connor too. (also a great ballplayer ). Great choice - Lemoyne. My son was a catcher from Connor's era who also played college baseball. The best advice he received from a coach during the recruiting process, was 'choose a college where if you couldn't play baseball tomorrow, you still would want to attend because it's the best fit'.

Congratulations to Jed, beloved 'Mr Boots'. Time sure flies. I know he had to get some good advice from his cousin Connor too. (also a great ballplayer ). Great choice - Lemoyne. My son was a catcher from Connor's era who also played college baseball. The best advice he received from a coach during the recruiting process, was 'choose a college where if you couldn't play baseball tomorrow, you still would want to attend because it's the best fit'.

100% what Jed did. And thanks!!

I applaud you on naming him "Jed".

Full truth on the naming was my wife named my three daughters saying if we had a boy I would name him. I hated, absolutely hated, the process of picking names. I have a friend known as Moody so I believe unless you go way nutty on a name it just becomes the normal.

I seriously thought she wanted a more traditional name so I set it up that I would give a name she may not want and then I would let her name the kid and then I would use that as a chip later in the summer to get an extra round of golf in as a pay back. She said, "Love it - Jed it is!" So that is how he got named. Never did get that extra round of golf . . .

Full truth on the naming was my wife named my three daughters saying if we had a boy I would name him. I hated, absolutely hated, the process of picking names. I have a friend known as Moody so I believe unless you go way nutty on a name it just becomes the normal.

I seriously thought she wanted a more traditional name so I set it up that I would give a name she may not want and then I would let her name the kid and then I would use that as a chip later in the summer to get an extra round of golf in as a pay back. She said, "Love it - Jed it is!" So that is how he got named. Never did get that extra round of golf . . .
Great name and you got a great story out of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom